Really?? Can't catch a beak. Angry! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Really?? Can't catch a beak. Angry! Really?? Can't catch a beak. Angry!

Unread 07-04-2012, 10:21 AM
Really?? Can't catch a beak. Angry!

Arrgg!! MY surgery was 6/26 and am dealing with pain and doing ok considering. I was told my oncologist that I was going to have a radical hysterectomy with the scar going up and down. I was also told that the PET scan showed that the lymonodes were ok and that surgery will fix the cancer.
Fast forward when I woke up fro surery, scar was done right over my c - section scar which was a very pleasant surprise.
I asked how the surgery went and she said that they did in fact find my left lympnode "hard" and looks like the cancer invaded there after all/
I was then told that after I heal I have to start radiation and chemo. As u all can imagine I was very depressed to hear this. I am 33 years old with a 4 year old and two older kids. Can anyone here tell me if they had a similar experience ? Is there a possibility that the lympnode could be effected and it NOT be the cancer?? I am just so worried about it all as I do not have much faith in the doctors anymore. This is the second time that I have been told by a doctor that it was going to be ok and the second time now that its clearly not as good as they tought.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-04-2012, 11:56 AM
Re: Really?? Can't catch a beak. Angry!

I havnt been thru this but I am praying for you and I hope that all goes well.. Just keep your hopes up I know it might be hard but try to stay positive!
Unread 07-04-2012, 12:17 PM

I'm so sorry to hear this happened and you are going through this. I haven't had a big"C" scare but my mom has fought both colon and breast "c" and WON both times. I got second opinions with the colon/anal diagnosis and ended up finding a much more competent and the outcome was much better than what the original doctor said it would be. There are some very good doctors out there, you just have to find them...

I'm sending big hugs and well wishes to you, sister
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-04-2012, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeGaN3Allen View Post
I havnt been thru this but I am praying for you and I hope that all goes well.. Just keep your hopes up I know it might be hard but try to stay positive!

That is part of the issue. I have always been a negative person.. sad but true. Its like I need to re-train my brain to think positively. I am trying.... but I need to try harder
Unread 07-04-2012, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookiewoo View Post
I'm so sorry to hear this happened and you are going through this. I haven't had a big"C" scare but my mom has fought both colon and breast "c" and WON both times. I got second opinions with the colon/anal diagnosis and ended up finding a much more competent and the outcome was much better than what the original doctor said it would be. There are some very good doctors out there, you just have to find them...

I'm sending big hugs and well wishes to you, sister

Thank you for the prayers and well wishes. I am going tomorrow to oncologist for a post op check. Hopefully they will at least take the catheter out tomorrow. But I will also get the plan from there I think on how were going to attack this. The worse part is having to wait another 8 weeks r so healing before I can start treatments. It could spread more and more in that time,esp since its in my lympnodes
Unread 07-04-2012, 05:24 PM

God Bless You, Dragonfly. I know your are going through a really tough time right now and I am feeling for you and really sorry you are dealing with this. Please make sure to get all the info from your dr tomorrow, and then ask the dr to repeat it all! Knowledge is power and I know it is hard to feel powerful so fresh post-op, but you are powerful! Please know that I am with you in heart and thoughts and I am praying for you each day.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register