Scheduled dVH/RALH Depressed..... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Depressed..... Depressed.....

Unread 12-12-2012, 02:43 PM
Depressed.....

I think it really just hit me.....I have been so looking forward to hearing that I can finally get this done. I am all of a sudden feeling super sad. I have been blessed to be able to have 2 children. I just feel like the most important part of being a women will now be gone. Two weeks and counting and I feel so blue...any suggestions??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-12-2012, 02:51 PM
Re: Depressed.....

I'm having the same feelings. Though I've never been pregnant (adopted). I don't want more kids, but feel like this cements that door shut. I've been a bit emotional for a week or so. Hang in there.

When's your pre-op? I'm having mine Friday, as I'll be out of town next week.
Unread 12-12-2012, 02:56 PM

Hey sweetie, my pre-op is the 18th. I don't have any children with my current husband. I think I feel like i failed him. He is happy since I have my two and he has one. I really feel sad. At least I know I'm not alone....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-12-2012, 04:22 PM

My baby is 8 and I had my tubes tied right after he was born. I too, looked foward to this surgery until it was scheduled, then the rollercoaster started. I still find myself cooing over other babies, but I have to say my womanhood is still fully entact. I so hope that you will be able to feel the same post-op. My uterus was causing so much pain and discomfort in my life, now that I am psot-op, I am definitly thankful to have evicted her

{{{{HUGS LADIES}}}}
You are never alone on this site.
Unread 12-12-2012, 04:25 PM

I've never had any children, always knew since I was young I wouldn't. Had an ablation several years ago in my early 20s to stop the every day bleeding I've had. Now that I've been diagnosed with endometriosis I'm bleeding every single day and heavily at that. So I feel too that this is the sealing that door shut forever. A part of me is sad because I feel like this is taking away my womanhood, that I'm no longer a woman or even a pretty woman at that. More scars to be added to my body now from the surgery to the already growing number down there. So yeah I'm depressed to. I just don't feel pretty or like I am who I was anymore.
Unread 12-12-2012, 04:35 PM

I never thought of it being an eviction lol!!!
I am with you Firephoenix.....my stomach will never be a sexy part of my body. I sad and can't really control how I feel. I am really trying to stay positive but it is all just a little bittersweet.
Unread 12-12-2012, 05:03 PM

I have one son by a "sperm donor" and my dh and I tried for 6 years to have one together, but never hit that bullseye. I have been dealing with fibroids for maybe 10 years.
Last year my symptoms got worse, then this year again worse. I'm 44 and told dh I'm done, it's all coming out. Biggest fibroid is compressing my bladder.
Doc said today he doesn't know how I've gone this long.
It wasn't an easy decision. But, the uterus does not make us women. It is our compassion, our curves, our minds that make us beautiful women.
I'm more depressed that I have dealt with this for too long. Happy I'm almost there.
Hang in there. And remember we are here for you.
Unread 12-12-2012, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetaries1975 View Post
Hey sweetie, my pre-op is the 18th. I don't have any children with my current husband. I think I feel like i failed him. He is happy since I have my two and he has one. I really feel sad. At least I know I'm not alone....
I know that feeling.. I have one child (child? he's almost 22) and my husband and i got married 3 years ago and he has no kids... he knew that going in that my tubes were tied and I had other health issues and he says he never married a uterus, he married me... we have adopted a jack russell terrier and a bulldog.. talk about opposites!! We are more than our body parts.... good luck to everyone....
Unread 12-12-2012, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetaries1975 View Post
I never thought of it being an eviction lol!!!
I am with you Firephoenix.....my stomach will never be a sexy part of my body. I sad and can't really control how I feel. I am really trying to stay positive but it is all just a little bittersweet.
I keep calling my scars my tiger stripes. I've got them all over my body from various surgeries. But still, I told my boyfriend that the best thing he could do for me for valentines day, make me feel like I'm pretty again. Cause by then I should be healed up etc. That's all I want.
Unread 12-12-2012, 07:41 PM

I get depressed, too. My daughter is 3 months old, and I am saddened to think that I'll never have another child. I am so very blessed to have her after all I've been through, yet I still get sad.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register