Terrible Back Pain, Little Blood, Hip/Belly pain help? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Terrible Back Pain, Little Blood, Hip/Belly pain help? Terrible Back Pain, Little Blood, Hip/Belly pain help?

Unread 08-18-2013, 09:47 PM
Terrible Back Pain, Little Blood, Hip/Belly pain help?

Hi guys

I sent my doctor a question regarding this but no answer yet.

On Wed I took a 2 hour car ride to the fair then spent about 4 hours walking around. This included a tractor pulled tram ride with hard plastic rounded seats, no pillow. The ride was around the fairgrounds on mud, gravel, through holes and more. It was miserable.

Back at the hotel I had bright red blood and a couple clots in toilet then on the toilet paper. Ninety minutes later when I checked again no more blood and none since. I spent 4 hours sitting on a pillow at the concert that night.

Next day 1ish hours shopping then almost 3 hours car ride home (highway was closed due to an accident.) I felt ok Friday, a little sore Saturday.. then OH MY GOD today. My lower back just above my tailbone, both knees, both hips are killing me. Additionally the incision above my belly button hurts especially inside. The skin below is STILL numb/burning pain, and still have internal pain when I go pee.

I am 6 weeks on Tuesday. Does this sound scary? My surgeon Dr. Stupid Face let his resident do a no kidding 30 second internal exam on me and basically tossed me out of his office (At 3 weeks) said I didn't need to be seen again. Since then my family doc treated me for a UTI and small infection in the belly incision (3 rounds of Bactrim.) I feel, lost... scared, and alone.

I could really use some replies please? Stories of your own, suggestions, comments, anything. My dad sorta went into " screw it you're fine" mode after 2 weeks. My husband is crabby as hell, all I have is my mom who is an eternal optimist when it comes to me.. nothing is ever ever ever wrong.

help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-19-2013, 12:20 AM
Re: Terrible Back Pain, Little Blood, Hip/Belly pain help?

I am so sorry to hear all of this I hope it gets better I'm not really sure on the advice part due to the fact I'm having the same burning in side pain hurts to move or do anything. But the blood clot I feel you should call your doctor about. Mine was very sure I understood to call him if I ever clotted. I'm surprised they did not want to give you a 6 week Check up anyway. I'm so sorry for this I hope u get better.
Unread 08-19-2013, 04:24 AM
Re: Terrible Back Pain, Little Blood, Hip/Belly pain help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivydactyl View Post
Hi guys

I sent my doctor a question regarding this but no answer yet.

On Wed I took a 2 hour car ride to the fair then spent about 4 hours walking around. This included a tractor pulled tram ride with hard plastic rounded seats, no pillow. The ride was around the fairgrounds on mud, gravel, through holes and more. It was miserable.

Back at the hotel I had bright red blood and a couple clots in toilet then on the toilet paper. Ninety minutes later when I checked again no more blood and none since. I spent 4 hours sitting on a pillow at the concert that night.

Next day 1ish hours shopping then almost 3 hours car ride home (highway was closed due to an accident.) I felt ok Friday, a little sore Saturday.. then OH MY GOD today. My lower back just above my tailbone, both knees, both hips are killing me. Additionally the incision above my belly button hurts especially inside. The skin below is STILL numb/burning pain, and still have internal pain when I go pee.

I am 6 weeks on Tuesday. Does this sound scary? My surgeon Dr. Stupid Face let his resident do a no kidding 30 second internal exam on me and basically tossed me out of his office (At 3 weeks) said I didn't need to be seen again. Since then my family doc treated me for a UTI and small infection in the belly incision (3 rounds of Bactrim.) I feel, lost... scared, and alone.

I could really use some replies please? Stories of your own, suggestions, comments, anything. My dad sorta went into " screw it you're fine" mode after 2 weeks. My husband is crabby as hell, all I have is my mom who is an eternal optimist when it comes to me.. nothing is ever ever ever wrong.

help?
Hey beautiful girl,

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling unwell. Try not to worry, but I would definitely ring my doctor again and keep doing so until you are able to speak to him and tell him what's going on.....even if you have to say to his secretary, "could you tell the doctor I'm passing clots and I'm worried and frightened ( just to spur him into action, so to speak). It could be something as simple as, you did too much and your body is telling you so, or it could be something that needs to be seen to. Either way, your doctor should be made aware of what you are experiencing. It will not only give you the piece of mind to speak to him but at the same time, if there is something that needs to be addressed, you will be in the right hands. So put your mind at ease princess and let your doctor know.

I hope things settle for you soon, princess.

Take care, rest as much as you need and happy healings.

Hugs galore, xoxo.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register