3 days post hysterectomy: Cackling lungs | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 days post hysterectomy: Cackling lungs 3 days post hysterectomy: Cackling lungs

Unread 04-17-2016, 12:01 AM
3 days post hysterectomy: Cackling lungs

I've had a annoying little cough since surgery (not fun, by the way). Now it seems to have turned into cackling in my chest. Anyone else experience this? Surgery related, or separate issue? No productive coughing, just a little cough cough move on. Repeat every few minutes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2016, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdukes2008 View Post
I've had a annoying little cough since surgery (not fun, by the way). Now it seems to have turned into cackling in my chest. Anyone else experience this? Surgery related, or separate issue? No productive coughing, just a little cough cough move on. Repeat every few minutes.
Im 2 days post, i have the little cough doctor said it was from the tube they put in your mouth for operation just keep breathing through your mouth it will clear..
Unread 04-17-2016, 06:58 AM
Re: 3 days post hysterectomy: Cackling lungs

I'd suggest calling your doc about that one. A bit of a cough is one thing, but "cackling" could be something else. Get it checked out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2016, 08:18 AM

I was told normal, from the intubation, and I was sent home with a Spirometer and told to use it hourly, and encouraged to cough.

Deep, forceful, timed breaths, longer and longer each time, using your diaphragm hourly for several hours should help you clear that out. If not? Call your doctor!
Unread 04-17-2016, 08:26 AM

Thanks ladies. I actually have an appointment tomorrow (it was scheduled when surgery was scheduled. Suppose to be for suture removal, but I have no sutures (on the outside, anyway). I was going to cancel but decided to keep so I can address any issues that may have come up, including this cackling).

I actually didn't do any breathing treatments (with the spirometer or otherwise). I was surprised, as in the past I always have. Nothing was even said about any of that!
Unread 04-17-2016, 08:29 AM

I had my surgery friday. I also have lung pain and a cough with what sounds like congestion in my lungs. Trying to cough some but makes everything worse. Good luck to you.
Unread 04-17-2016, 08:46 AM

Oh my goodness, Slynnbarrios, isn't it the worst? I feel fine other than that! Luckily (I think) the coughs aren't "productive". This meaning I'm not hacking and hacking until I dislodge or cough up whatever is there. It's just a "cough cough cough" and I'm fine for a few minutes. Rinse and repeat. I'm really over it though!

Best of luck to you!
Unread 04-17-2016, 08:50 AM

The first 3 days, using the spirometer made me cough horribly after use. Which hurt. I just tried to remember it was good for my lungs. Hang in there!
Unread 04-17-2016, 11:53 AM

Hi, I started coughing real bad in theater on Wednesday and since i have come out i have had this silly cough/flem on my chest that i just can't seem to get rid off. I have asthma and this makes it even worse as I know need to use another inhaler, and coughing OMW it so sore, sommer want to cry. Good luck girl, rather have it checked out.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register