My Wake up Call | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My Wake up Call My Wake up Call

Unread 07-28-2006, 11:37 AM
My Wake up Call

What's up with the "Constant" mood swings...shhesshhh. Got my letter today from the Insurance co. saying everything is a "Go"........and Bam.......I lost it...

I mean really.....on some Logical level I expected this.....but, seems on another...(denial, maybe.?) it just floored
me to actually see it in Print..!! My name, date, doctor, hospital...all there........it was like, Hey, this is ME they
are talking about.........ugh.

Did you all experience this........that maybe we go along with the daily thoughts of it...preparing and all...but
on some level.........we think.................No, this isn't really happening.

Sometimes it feels like I am going insane...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-28-2006, 12:59 PM
My Wake up Call

Hi...

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but I don't think you'll go insane. You sound pretty normal to me!

I can relate to your feelings somewhat. After I scheduled my surgery, I went home and cried. Then it became just a date on the calendar that I had something to do that day. For me, it became real as I went through my pre-op appointments. While I felt more comfortable with what I was about to do, it also seemed kind of final. No more bleeding, no more pain, no more children. A new road in life to take. I just didn't know what the future held for me. It was certainly an emotional time for me.

I think you hit the nail on the head. On a logical level, I expected it and knew it had to be done, but it was still a shock to the system to see my name and information on those forms.

Hang in there! We're always here for you!

s, Deb
Unread 07-28-2006, 01:10 PM
My Wake up Call

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis50

Did you all experience this ........ that maybe we go along with the daily thoughts of it...preparing and all...but on some level......... we think................. No, this isn't really happening.

Sometimes it feels like I am going insane...

Join the club! I think if you didn't have an emotional reaction to the realization that something quite life altering was about to happen, then I'd say you'd have something to worry about. Showing emotion is a very healthy sign when faced with a serious situation.

Sometimes a good cry is cathartic and helps you to center and focus on the things that are important to you. Don't forget, we're facing major surgery and that's serious business, not only for us individually but for our families and friends too.

I've got 6 days to go... and believe me, I've shed some tears due to emotionally painful thoughts. I talked with my daughter the other night and she was marvelous. I felt very positive about this as we discussed how it will change my life.

Leslie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-28-2006, 01:54 PM
My Wake up Call

It really helps to hear these things, Ladies.....honestly.....to know that we experience and feel the same things.....that we're not alone and such.

I thought I was doing pretty good there.....I don't know...just kinda
got me when I saw those forms....... I find that lately I cry over anything and everything ....

Thanks for letting me know.......I am Normal......(lolololol, yeah right)....

Leslie I will be thinking of you.......(((Hugs))) and look forward to seeing your.............."I MADE IT".....post....

Sincerely,
Gen
Unread 07-28-2006, 03:23 PM
My Wake up Call

I've been so happy about this surgery that I didn't have my crash until just a few days ago. My insurance letter came and I put it on the fridge right next to the finger painting my 3 year old did. This may seem crazy, it does to me, but what cracked my shell was reading on this site. So many women are so encouraging about how wonderful they felt almost immediately after they woke up in recovery. It has been a dream of mine for so long to be without the pain and bleeding and all that junk that I don't think I ever thought it would actually be that way. What makes me break down in tears is the hope that one day, very soon hopefully, I'll be feeling good too. It is almost scary though. The endo that causes my pain almost defines who I am. Who will I be without it? You know what I mean?

I didn't actually expect to get hit with emotions. Again, I've wanted this for so long that it seems like something I should just be ecstatic about. Mostly I am, but those little nerves of mine are surging under the surface.

Another month or so and we'll be laughing at ourselves from the other side.
Unread 07-28-2006, 03:48 PM
My Wake up Call

Oh yes,I can relate too!! Some day's I feel in line with everything,other day's it feel's like I am watching someone else going through the motion's.Very surreal! But I know that we all will make it and be ok.Thank goodness for this site and my sister's!!
Unread 07-28-2006, 04:08 PM
My Wake up Call

I'm still in limbo...waiting. My preop appointment yesterday went well and now all that's left is for the surgeon to fill out the paperwork and send it to my state's worker's rehabilitation insurance.
I'm in so much pain, all I want right now is for it to be over with. I'm sure I'll cry soon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register