TAH Want to cry and scream | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Want to cry and scream Want to cry and scream

Unread 04-21-2013, 08:11 PM
Want to cry and scream

okay 12 days post op. honeymoons over. house is back a sty, if try to help i am told to rest. when i do rest or sleep which is more than usual, my son just acts like im ovreacting and since i walk around then surly im all healed. worse yer my hormones are wacky due to lazy ovaries. what to do? when ur made to feel like a slug.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2013, 08:34 PM
Re: Want to cry and scream

You still need your rest.. I dont know how old your son is but maybe sitting down and talking to him and explaining that even though you are healing on the outside and are starting to walk that you still need a lot of healing time for the inside. i have 3 kids at home and know how you feel. i try to get up and do things as much as i can but my husband does get on me and tells me to rest which really helps because i would probably over do it if it wasnt for him.. I get really tired a lot too and that is normal from what i am told. take it easy we will get through this..
Unread 04-21-2013, 08:39 PM

my son is 18. i could understand if he was 5. my youngest is 16 and is a bit more empqthetic. right now im in my room and everyone can just leave me alone ya know? what drives me crazy is its nice outside and most of my family is doing something nice. plus how come every job i have been interested in is now hiring and i know i cant apply in fleece jammie pants. ugh. has to get better like you all say.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2013, 08:42 PM
Want to cry and scream

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderyonder View Post
okay 12 days post op. honeymoons over. house is back a sty, if try to help i am told to rest. when i do rest or sleep which is more than usual, my son just acts like im ovreacting and since i walk around then surly im all healed. worse yer my hormones are wacky due to lazy ovaries. what to do? when ur made to feel like a slug.
Leave the house a sty! Ya gotta take care of you! Your hubby and kids will just have to do without your help for awhile. U really need to rest as much as your body wants to. My progress is slow, and I don't like my house a sty either, but I still cant do hardly anything. And at this point, I don't care if it gets done.
Unread 04-21-2013, 08:47 PM

Dont worry about what your 18yr old thinks he is old enough to take care of himself so he shouldnt need you to do anything at this point. Some alone time will help but i hope you have some good support. I know how it is about being nice out. i went through that this morning my husband and kids went out and played outside because it was so nice and i still feel like crap so i stayed inside and with my crazy hormones i almost yelled at my husband that he loves the kids more than me.. lol.. i know its crazy but you cant control how you feel right now. thankful my husband was amazing and understood what i was going through and then found so time for me after they played. About the fleece pants that is true.. lol.. I hope you feel better soon... hang in there..
Unread 04-21-2013, 08:48 PM

thats going to be my stance. painfull as it will be gotta do it. thank you girls.
Unread 04-21-2013, 08:52 PM

oh and that teenagers are selfish little people. lol.
Unread 04-21-2013, 10:17 PM

You could send him the link for a you tube clip on your op then he might understand! Maybe tell him how many stitches you have in there to hold you together too. As for the house being a mess, I think it took me about 2 weeks to decide I just had to get over it and live with the mess. I no longer look at the carpet and the crunchy bits on the floor in the kitchen I have put a rug over. A friend comes to vacuum for me once a week then it looks good for a few days. I think its hard for many people to understand that you are still healing as they cannot see inside you as to whats gone on and teenagers often live in their own world.
Unread 04-21-2013, 10:23 PM

thank you . seems so do the 20 somethings! no offense to anyone here on their 20's ya know what im talking about. i have two of them
Unread 04-21-2013, 11:20 PM

If it makes you feel any better Wonderyonder your not alone, I have 3 children one being 25 male still living at home. I also have a 16 year old male and 11 year old female. The 25 year old thinks his throat has been cut because he has to help do dishes. Last night he thought it was very fine to leave my DH to do the washing up and drying and putting away of our tea dishes by himself. After asking him what was up with that he informed me that it wasn't his turn and why should he do them *ARE YOU KIDDING ME* How about why are you still living at home at 25 you spoilt brat!!! My 16 year old had just got his drivers licence so he has not been at home at all to help with anything so that has left my dear 11 year old daughter who is usually the very lazy one to do everything for her mother while my DH is at work. They all think that after a few days why aren't I up and doing everything again like I usually am. Well guess what not this time I've lived with enough pain over the last 10 years so now is my time to make sure that I heal nicely from this surgery.
Don't let your son get to you he is only trying to make you feel guilty so he doesn't have to do the chores. Close your eyes, hide away and I say show him a youtube video also lol that will make him change his mind about everything!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register