Going to the castle on Monday... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Going to the castle on Monday... Going to the castle on Monday...

Unread 10-11-2008, 10:29 AM
Going to the castle on Monday...

Well, I'm off to the castle on Monday! I'm pretty nervous although I can't wait - does that make sense? I'm ready to face it and get it over with.

My house is clean - all I've got to do is change the sheets on my bed and finish my laundry tomorrow. I don't have to do the awful bowel prep stuff (thank GOD). I was really dreading that - I have to do an enema (something I've never done before) - we'll have to see how that goes. I can't eat anything after lunch tomorrow and then I've got to do the enema and douche. I've got to wash really well with Dial soap the morning of the surgery and douche again. That's pretty much it for prepping. They're going to shave me when I get to the hospital. I'm glad that I'm not having to drink that yucky stuff because you pretty much have to stay on the toilet for hours. Doing just the enema, I'll be able (hopefully) to spend the day finishing up with my laundry and last minute stuff.

I wish all of you ladies-in-waiting a problem-free surgery and a speedy recovery. I'll be back on HysterSisters soon - on the pre and post-op forums! Take care - *HUGS*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2008, 10:37 AM

I know how you feel. That's how I was. I was scared but READY to have it all behind me.

Big hugs, see you on the post op boards!
Unread 10-11-2008, 11:03 AM

Hi there Donna!

Just wanted to wish you the best as you start your prep and head to the castle . I too had to do the Fleet's enema and a douche, on the morning of surgery (but also the bowel prep the day before). The enema isn't so bad--I did mine in my bathtub, actually, where I could then "stand and hold" until the urge was overwhelming The instructions will probably also tell you that with the enema, the entire bottle usually is not expelled during use, just squeeze out all of it that you can.

Please do keep us posted, as we look forward to hearing from you! I wish you the absolute best for an uneventful surgery & a speedy recovery. Please take care. s

Sincerely, Trish
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2008, 12:26 PM

You will do great, Donna. I have heard the waiting is the worst part. (I'm thankful mine happened too fast for me to have to sit and think about it! would have been a major basket case!)

It will be over before you know it and you'll be sitting around, posting on hystersisters, drinking your grape juice, sipping your soup, waving your princess wand, taking naps whenever you want, waiting for your bm, passing gas unashamedly, wearing WHITE panties, watching terrible daytime TV, and feeling happy that the discomfort you feel post op will heal and you will never have to experience those menstrual cramps and heavy periods again!

Hugs and best wishes for an uneventful surgery and restful healing and recovery. See you on the post-op side. Do something fun for yourself tonight!
Unread 10-11-2008, 12:33 PM

Thank you all for your encouragement. I don't think I could've gone through with this without the support from my Hystersisters! You all have been great - thank you so much!

HUGS to all of you!!! I'll see you on the post-op side soon!
Unread 10-11-2008, 02:12 PM

ahhh dflder I'm heading there also on Monday.

I'm so excited that the waiting is over and the start of recovery is just days away.

My check in time is at 9:30 pacific time so I'll be thinking of you.

Be a princess and let the pampering begin HUGS!!!!

ps I wasn't told to do the wash or the douche wonder why?
just the Mag citrate drink YUCK LOL

best of luck and we'll see ya back her next week some time.
Unread 10-11-2008, 02:54 PM

I'll be having lunch about the time you are checking in, Sissy. I'll be thinking of you, too, and sending you good vibes. Peace, lady!
Unread 10-11-2008, 03:07 PM

To all our Sunday and Monday sisters, I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers! I look forward to hearing from all of you on the flip-side!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register