LSH I need you hystersisters still feeling awful:( | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I need you hystersisters still feeling awful:( I need you hystersisters still feeling awful:(

Unread 01-24-2011, 05:00 PM
I need you hystersisters still feeling awful:(

Hi Ladies,

I really need you all right now, Had my LSH with my left ovary and tube removed last thursday the 20th and I was expecting to feel so much better by now. I am getting better so very slowly. It still hurts to get up or down (burns and cramps with sharp twinges) I still feel nauseous from the vicodin but it is the only thing that helps with the pain I tried coming off of it but ended up in too much pain. I am taking my pain meds with food, having regular BM's now but just feel crappy. Exhausted, nauseaous and in pain. Hubby is going back to work tomorrow so I will be here by myself and I just feel like crying.

I wonder if my recovery is taking longer due to the fact that I have autoimmune disease. I have Hashimoto's hypothyroid as well as Interstitial cystitis with a low immune system. It takes me a long time to recover from any cold or flu so I guess surgery will take some time too

I just needed to vent to my sisters Thanks so much for listening you all!

Love and hugs to you. Hope you are feeling well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2011, 05:04 PM
Re: I need you hystersisters still feeling awful:(

poor you! hugs are going out (())- i'm sure that it would take longer with an autoimmune disorder to heal. and after all its only been a short time.its been 2 weeks for me and i felt great then today i felt full of pain, so i went to bed for several hours.
you will have good and bad days more good than bad soon.
Unread 01-24-2011, 05:15 PM

First of all HUGS
You aren't even a week post op yet..it's normal to still be in pain and feel yucky all over. It takes the body awhile to bounce back after surgery, and unfortunately, probably because of your other problems, it might take a little longer to get all your strength back. The most important thing is to take this time to relax and 'pamper the princess'. Rest, Rest, Rest.. You will be surprised by week 3 - you will start feeling soooo much better. Whenever you feel down or have questions, come to this site -- we're all here for each other! Take care and more hugs!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2011, 05:15 PM

Trisquitwafer, My 17 year daughter also has hashimotos and she was diagnosed about four years ago. She had appendicitis a month ago and had to have her appendix taken out. I can tell you she is still very tired and run down. She is in top condition as she plays competitive softball and tennis. She is having to do the P90X workout in the off season.
I had to have my DH take her to urgent care last week (I still can't drive)
because she was getting sick and passing out. Low blood levels and just flat out tired. Sorry this is long but you will take longer to heal.
I would get an appointment with your endocronologist and have your thyroid rechecked also. Your synthroid might need to be adjusted.
If it all comes back normal that is great but just know that you will tire out faster than most!
I pray things will get better for you soon!
Trish
Unread 01-24-2011, 07:45 PM

I think the hardest part of recovery can be the time it takes. We don't expect to feel tired and sore for so long but it really does take a long time.

Try not to expect more than your body is willing to give. Having a positive outlook helps and so does believing in healing, but don't be unrealistic. Be patient with yourself and know that you are healing, albeit slowly.

I'm sorry you are feeling so down. During those lonely and slow recovery days, having my hystersisters here is what got me through and we are here for you!

Unread 01-24-2011, 07:53 PM

Thanks Ladies. I appreciate all the feedback and support You are all wonderful. I think I may be having some hormonal mood swings, as I go from being optimistic and positive to depressed in a matter of moments I know all will turn out. I just need to put my trust in God that he is healing me every minute. Thank you again.
Unread 01-24-2011, 07:55 PM

Boy, we women sure put a lot of pressure on ourselves don't we?

I have an auto immune disease too, Lupus. I got a bit of prednisone in my IV during surgery as a precaution. So far so good.

I have been told and have looked at all of the resources out there that my disease is a crap shoot as to how it will impact me. Sort of a wait and see and take extra care.

At 4 days out I was starting to feel poorly. 2 & 3 were pretty good days, so I was shocked when I started to decline. I am listening to my body and laying low....very low.

Take each day as it comes. Be kind to yourself. Listen to your body. Don't overdo it if you feel okay one day, because you may end up paying for it for quite some time and that would not be good.
Unread 01-24-2011, 08:29 PM

Thanks Mrs. David. I will be good to myself and listen to my body Hubby is staying home with me an extra day now....yay
Unread 01-25-2011, 08:34 AM

Don't worry too much! I have hypothyroidism ,and healed good. I am 8 weeks post op. It was a little slower healing but not that much. I didn't start feeling myself till week 4. Don't push yourself .
Sarina
Unread 01-25-2011, 08:56 AM

I am one week out today and just starting to feel a little better. Hang in there!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register