How long until energy returns - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How long until energy returns How long until energy returns

Unread 10-15-2005, 11:13 AM
How long until energy returns

I am about 7 1/2 months out from my LAVH. I was pretty proud of myself for getting back into life fairly quickly after surgery, but I can tell you that I still have days when I get drained pretty quickly. There are fewer of them, but the hormone jungle many of us our in really do impact our energy levels for quite awhile--much longer than anyone warns us about, I think. Your body has had major surgical changes, and the recouperation period can be quite long for many of us. You will get your energy back, but until then you really just have to "go with the flow" in dealing with your energy levels. Do what you can, nap or rest when you need to, and life will eventually get back to normal.

isewquilts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-15-2005, 03:15 PM

Hi Kristi,
That is how I was before the surgery. I had great fatigue. My iron was always so low from so much bleeding and struggles with my period. I have felt better the last few days. So I feel I have made some progress. Although the laundry has been piling up. I am going to have my kids help to get that started today.
I to am a Christian and found the reminder of Phillipians a great reminder the our Creator has everything in control.

God Bless,
Moch Lady
  Quote:
Originally Posted by jkritz3
Hi Mocha Lady,

I am 11 days post-op from my TVH. I'm one of those that has been doing quite well, but I also still get fatigued during the day. But I suffered from tremendous fatigue for many many years before the surgery, and it seems for me some of that fatigue has lifted quite a bit. Some days I have much more energy then others. I'm sure the work that each of us gets done for the hysterectomy varies and that might also contribute to why some experience more pain and fatigue than others, as well as age, and how close we are to menopause, and whether or not we are in menopause. I'm sure it also depends on how horrible you felt before surgery too. Just because it may be taking you a little longer to heal, don't feel bad. Your body is unique to you. You will heal in your own time. Just hang in there! You'll look back on this someday probably and say "this wasn't so bad"...and then at the same time be basking in the thought that you are no longer going through what you went through prior to surgery!!

Kristi
Unread 10-15-2005, 03:37 PM

you know where I get a burst of energy from? Just everyday urinating, and not seeing blood..as I get out of the shower I always look up and say "Thank you God" for not having to deal with that anymore...its truly like Christmas everyday for me now...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-15-2005, 04:02 PM

Hi there~ I am 6 weeks post and still become easily exhausted, it has gotten alot better, but I still need a nap and become very tired from the slightest exhertion.
Unread 10-17-2005, 01:36 AM

I so appreciate hearing from everyone. It is nice to be able to tell my husband that this is the way it is for most women. I was feeling real good today and did some laundry, picking up, puttering and i can feel that was too much.

Wow, this is a great website. Thank you to all who have written back and continued health to you all.

Mocha Lady
Unread 10-17-2005, 06:51 AM

Mocha Lady,

I am 4 weeks out today, and let me tell you I still get fatigued. I just started to feel a lot better last week, and I still find that if I am out with my DH for too long, I get tired quickly. It is at that time that I will let him know it is time for me to get back home and rest. I did not have any unusual complications after my surgery, and am thankful for that, but I can tell you first hand that if you don't take the time out to rest, your body will stop you in it's tracks! If you push it, you will find out just how in control your body is. I can only speak from my personal experience whan I tell you that the most important thing is the rest and hydration. If you expect too much too soon you may end up getting depressed. Take it easy and you will be back in form in no time. It sounds to me like your progression is completley normal. Remember you just had a major surgery!
Unread 10-17-2005, 08:20 AM

I am also 13 days post-op and thinking...why am I so tired? I should be getting over this. I had a LAVH and thought I was abnormal or something? I usually heal very fast. THanks for making me feel "normal". I am also trying to recover from anemia due to blood loss from surgery. So maybe that has something to do with it.
Unread 10-17-2005, 09:52 AM

I'm 4 weeks out today. I was one of those people who came out of surgery in pretty good shape, up walking by 7 that night and walking by myself by 8, on only Advil starting at 4AM the first morning.feel like I take 3 steps forward and 1 step backward. My worse week was week 2 because I stupidly thought my mother would come and take care of me or at least me dinner for my son whose a Jr. in high school, in all honors classes with 1 AP class, and on the Varsity soccer team. She went shopping a few times, but I made dinner and she wanted my son to do all else and wanted me to be "on" for her when she was ready. She also wanted to do the driving, even though I was allowed to, but after one experience of her not watching the traffic to anticipate breaking smoothly, that was enough. I love my mom, but she was a burden when I didn't need it. My son is starting to resist because he thinks I'm milking it; I don't, after all, look sick. I am trying to get him to do a bit more on the weekends and a few chores, chores that just have to be done, on a weekday which I write out on a notecard for him. Tonight he has an away game, so by the time he comes home, there will be only time for shower, dinner, and homework. If I had it to due over again, I would hire someone to help for perhaps an hour each day, a middle school student perhaps that would like to earn a few bucks. Your husband needs to know that even though you don't look ill, you don't want to undo anything the dr. did and then have to start the healing process all over again; that's what I keep telling my son. Remember, 2 or 3 steps forward for every step backward isn't a bad thing.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register