Bleeding 9 days post op hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bleeding 9 days post op hysterectomy Bleeding 9 days post op hysterectomy

Unread 05-29-2014, 12:43 AM
Bleeding 9 days post op hysterectomy

Hey ladies. I had a laparoscopic hysterectomy 9 days ago. I've felt okay the last few days and actually walked outside today. I live on the 4th floor, I walked up and down the stairs twice, slowly. I feel okay, just a tad sore, but I've started bleeding bright red blood. I haven't bled since day one.

Was it the stairs that caused it? Is it pretty standard to bleed this far post op?

I'm going back to work Monday so the stairs are going to be inevitable.

Thanks for your help. Xoxo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2014, 07:18 AM
Re: Bleeding 9 days post op

Its your body's was of saying you're over doing things. Its not uncommon to have spotting bleeding discharge up to about 8 weeks. Do you have to go back to work so soon? Rest take it easy and let your body heal!
Unread 05-29-2014, 07:36 AM
Re: Bleeding 9 days post op

I was coming on here to ask the same thing. The only bleeding I had was 2 days after my surgery which was on the 19th. And it was light, clear pink. Not major bleeding. Then it stopped. Then on Monday I thought I was good enough to put make up on and sit in a car for 10 min and then sit in a lawn chair for about an hour at our church picnic. Well I wasn't apparently. Light spotting started again. Taking it easy but I DID do 1 load of laundry and put dishes away on Tues. But at on my butt all day yesterday. And woke up this morning to light pink on my panty liner. The bleeding previously would only be noticed when I wiped. so now I a wondering, how long until the internal stitches start making their way out? And could that be part of it? I have been pretty much on my butt in bed or walking around the house a little. I am 10 days Post-OP. Had a LAVH, tubes and uterus only.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2014, 05:16 PM
Re: Bleeding 9 days post op hysterectomy

I never noticed any of my stiches coming away but it could result in that pinkish discharge. I had Just take it easy and listen to your body. You sound like my at 10 days post op. It took me 2 weeks before I felt up to leaving the house for any outings other than a doctors trip.
Unread 05-29-2014, 05:56 PM

I'm 10 days post-op, TAH BSO (no cancer, phew!)

I haven't had spotting since leaving the hospital, but I did tonight. So thankful for this site and post to come to so I don't need to worry.

I'll pay attention and take it easier. Thanks!
Unread 05-29-2014, 07:11 PM

I think you need to slow down. Sounds like the walking and stairs are too much. Listen to your body! The bleeding can be a sign of overdoing it!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register