Lades who have been here, when can I sleep on my side | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Lades who have been here, when can I sleep on my side Lades who have been here, when can I sleep on my side

Unread 11-23-2011, 02:21 PM
Lades who have been here, when can I sleep on my side

I am a side sleeper and only one day post op. Cant sleep on my side yet -hurts a lot - I know this is normal.

When were you able to be comfortable side sleeping and being more comfortable in your bed? I don't have a recliner so that is not an option.

Thanks sisters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-23-2011, 02:53 PM
Lades who have been here, when can I sleep on my side

Had tah a week ago And I started sleeping on my side last night. Just give it a time make sure Have plenty of pillow both side for extra support
  Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdoodle View Post
I am a side sleeper and only one day post op. Cant sleep on my side yet -hurts a lot - I know this is normal.

When were you able to be comfortable side sleeping and being more comfortable in your bed? I don't have a recliner so that is not an option.

Thanks sisters
Unread 11-23-2011, 04:32 PM
Re: Lades who have been here, when can I sleep on my side

I had a TAH & I was able to sleep on my side within the first few days, but I had to go in for a secondary surgery a week after my first one and it wasn't until week 5 before I could sleep on my side again. It's really all what your body can handle. Lots of pillows help, just position them around your body.

For a few nights I had to sleep spred out on the couch, semi propped up & even now, almost 10 weeks later there are some nights I'm more comfortable sleeping propped up on the couch than in my bed on my side.

:cathugs:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-23-2011, 04:40 PM

I agree, Aille!

I'm a side sleeper too and absolutely MISERABLE on my back!!!!

I'll be 5 weeks post op on Friday and I still can't do it! It pulls too much and hurts! ????

I can't wait until I can! Although on a positive note, Dr. Oz said that women should sleep on their backs to prevent wrinkles. Lol...... What about the dark circles that I now have because of my crappy sleep??? Lol......

Good luck, ladies!!
Unread 11-23-2011, 04:46 PM

I woke up this morning on my side. I don't recall moving, but I had my blankets behind me and my heating pad on my belly with a pillow supporting my belly. I was surprised, but I guess if I did it in my sleep my body was ready for that. I am typically a belly/side sleeper. Surgery was Monday.
Unread 11-23-2011, 06:02 PM

I am a belly sleeper and I just had my surgery yesterday. I am still in the hospital and was so sick of being on my back that I tried to nap on my side today and it was a DISASTER! I woke up in so much pain that my doc made me stay another night. So... Won't be trying that again any time soon
Unread 11-24-2011, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDaizy99 View Post
I am a belly sleeper and I just had my surgery yesterday. I am still in the hospital and was so sick of being on my back that I tried to nap on my side today and it was a DISASTER! I woke up in so much pain that my doc made me stay another night. So... Won't be trying that again any time soon
I hear you girl. I tried to "lean" on my side a bit in the hospital and no way that was working- very painful. Glad to be home but am missing the IV pain meds as I felt so great when I was on them. A lot more achy being home and hated sleeping on my back last night.

One day at a time sister! I'm sure they will try to get you out of there today. Good luck and hugs!
Unread 11-24-2011, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdoodle View Post

Thanks sisters
I am 10 days post op, also a side sleeper. I was enjoying the pleasure of sleeping on my side one week post pop. I started with a pillow between my legs for support. So far so good!!! Happy Healing!
Unread 11-24-2011, 09:07 AM

I found that wearing my binder to bed helped TONS! I also have a body pillow I keep between my legs and hug to my belly. I was back to sleeping on my side three days after surgery....best of luck
Unread 11-24-2011, 09:48 AM

It will take time to be able to sleep on your side and/or stomach. Give it time. Like Perdue98, I used a body pillow between my legs and hugged it to my belly but I also used a pillow tucked underneath my back, this helped me a lot.

Hope this helps, and Heal well!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register