A Cut on My Labia | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

A Cut on My Labia A Cut on My Labia

Unread 10-27-2011, 12:37 PM
A Cut on My Labia

When I went to the gyn today (complaining of burning type pain), she discovered that I have a 'scratch' on my inner vulva. She said her assistant (who was on that side of me) must have done it accidentally.

Well, I just got a mirror to actually see what's going on and saw that it's more than a "scratch"...it's a cut. A cut that has been oozing blood since my surgery on the 18th.

She said that it will heal on it's own (yeah, because too much time has passed and it's too late for stitches!)

I'm not happy. She said to soak in a bath at least once a day or to use my handheld attachment on my shower.

I feel like this was downplayed.

Has anyone else been accidentally cut where they're not supposed to be during the hysterectomy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2011, 01:39 PM
Re: A Cut on My Labia

Hi

Oh poor you - like you don't have enough going on already.

I don't have any experience of what you're going through but I just wanted you to know I'd read your post and am thinking of you.

Certainly you want to keep the cut clean but rather than lying in a bath for too long, perhaps a shallow salt water bath or the hand held shower attachment may be better, and let the cut air dry if you possibly can. Alternatively do you have a hair dryer that has a cold setting? Cuts like air to heal but of course the placing of yours may mean it takes a little longer but have faith, it will heal itself.

I can well understand you being upset though and you have every right to be.

Sending healing thoughts your way
Unread 10-27-2011, 01:51 PM

Ouch, I'm sorry you have to go through that!! I didn't have that happen with my hysto but did have a very painful 'natural' episiotomy about 13 years ago. Seemed like it would never heal . . . it was very painful and I still had trouble walking six months later! And those were definitely cuts, not scratches!! Taking baths definitely did help . . . the risk for infection that way is pretty low, actually. Did she tell you to use any ointment or anything on it? That could help, too.

Hope you're feeling better soon!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2011, 02:01 PM

No, no ointment.

I'll be using the handheld shower. Sadly, my hairdryer died.
Unread 10-27-2011, 02:27 PM

I didn't have a cut, but somehow got a scratch on one side of my inner labia and ended up getting a pimple like bump that hurt and burned like crazy. The Dr told me to take sitz-baths twice daily and make sure it didn't get infected. The baths really helped after just a couple of days. I hope you heal quickly, the hyster is enough without the added stress and pain of anything else!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register