Cut still open, but getting better | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Cut still open, but getting better Cut still open, but getting better

Unread 04-12-2012, 10:19 AM
Cut still open, but getting better

Hi Ladies,
I went to doc yesterday to check my cut. It is looking a bit better, but he was not happy with progress. He pulled out the stitch that ran thru the whole cut, he said 'This may not look good to you but it will be ok'. He had the whole six inches of stitch out. he said maybe my body doesn't like the material. So I go back next week to check again. he also told me to use Bactroban as a change of ointments. Everything else is going good except I really am tired of not working.My DH has been doing so much for me but I just started washing dishes and cooking breakfast no problems, so he has been letting me do more.I think I have had more trouble with hemerhoids than pain from the surgery, still trying to ease them! Yikes they hurt!!!!!
I will report back next week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2012, 12:05 PM
Re: Cut still open, but getting better

I had a few issues with my incision as well. The glue they used irritated my skin and I had 2 small open areas for about 3 days. Once the glue washed off completely, they closed right up.

Maybe the stitches really were causing you issues? Possible.

I keep mine clean with peroxide and water and then dry it and apply triple antibiotic ointment. Seems to work so far for me. But of course, ask your doc before you use peroxide and water.

Other than your incision, you seem to be right on track! Keep us posted.
Unread 04-12-2012, 01:01 PM

Hi, Piper
Yes Doc told me peroxide first to clean it, then ointment. I had been doing that, but yesterday he gave me a presciption for the Bactroban ointment ,so Iwill be trying that for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2012, 11:17 AM

I am 8 week post op and still have an open spot in my incision. Actually 2, but the smaller one is starting to close now. I saw my dr just after the 6 week mark and she was very happy with my healing. In fact the parts that are closed are completely closed and not even red. It's just the one side that is doing it's own thing. I do have a tiny bit of drainage as well, but surgeon said as long as it's not hurting it will heal on it's own time, so thats what I am going with. I do really want to g o swimming though lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by AElizabeth View Post
Hi Ladies,
I went to doc yesterday to check my cut. It is looking a bit better, but he was not happy with progress. He pulled out the stitch that ran thru the whole cut, he said 'This may not look good to you but it will be ok'. He had the whole six inches of stitch out. he said maybe my body doesn't like the material. So I go back next week to check again. he also told me to use Bactroban as a change of ointments. Everything else is going good except I really am tired of not working.My DH has been doing so much for me but I just started washing dishes and cooking breakfast no problems, so he has been letting me do more.I think I have had more trouble with hemerhoids than pain from the surgery, still trying to ease them! Yikes they hurt!!!!!
I will report back next week.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register