Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread 05-15-2005, 05:36 PM
Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cry: I went out w/my DH yesterday to do a little walking at the mall and to dinner. I am in so much pain today that I literally feel like I've been in a major car wreck. I have this excrutiating pain at the base of my neck and upper back. It's hurts so back it brings me to tears. I've slept all afternoon and feel like pond scum. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-15-2005, 06:09 PM
to His Earth Angel

I am so sorry to hear that you are feeling so low... But just to let you know (and not to make fun) "pond scum" , is good for our ecology.. something to do with frog spit (they have to get it out of their system somehow) and it also gives the fishes a place to hide!!! Now, did that take your mind off your pain for one minute??? I have to say the best thing is rest, rest, rest and more rest. Sorry, but even though it has been years since my surgery, my obgyn said on no uncertain terms to do just that...and I do not think it has changed much... We have been through a Big surgery and should pamper ourselves..It takes more than we might think..I have suffered with back pain so bad too, so I can really sympathize.. I ended up going to a chiropracter. Good luck and From Reeni
Unread 05-15-2005, 06:34 PM
back pain

Awww! I am so sorry you are suffering like this.
I found that a heating pad on my back and shoulders helped a lot.

I didn't notice that my back and neck hurt more from walking, it just hurt after surgery for more than a month. It did go away though.

I did use OTC pain relievers though-asked the pharmacist-he told me how much was OK to take in a day, and how to alternate one with another so I was taking something every 2 hours on the bad days and still not taking too much of any one type.

Hang in there-it should get better 's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-15-2005, 07:00 PM
Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi there, sorry you feel crappy. I found that when I went out for the first time walking that my hips would hurt. I think its because I was unconsciously making myself tense when I would walk. I guess I felt I could protect myself better that way.

I am now starting 5 weeks out and doing alot better. (wow, I actually said that). I find that I can walk more now and don't hurt.

Just try to take some deep breathes before walking and take it slow. No one said you have to race the other person. Just breath slowly and take your time. When you start to hurt, relax.

I hope you feel better. Good luck
Unread 05-15-2005, 08:41 PM
Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It might not be a bad idea to call your doctor about the pain. I understand that overdoing things can cause you to feel poorly, but you are more than 3 weeks post op and should not be in excruciating pain at this point.

It also bothers me that the pain is in your neck and upper back. Any new pain needs to be brought to the attention of your doctor. Please call, and then let us know what s/he says.

Unread 05-16-2005, 02:21 AM
feeling lousy after surgery

I understand completely how you feel. I am only 13 days out past surgery now and I have good days and bad days. Today was a great day! I spent 2 hours in church this morning... then went out to lunch. Later went walking in the beautiful countryside neighborhood that we live in. I can now walk an equivalent of about 5 city blocks which is pretty good since last week I could only make it from my bed to the bathroom. Still, I have to say, that even though I'm able to do all that walking I feel like a trussed up Thanksgiving turkey. It's so tight in the abdomen and I feel like I'm waddling. I think the best advice is when you feel like you're hurting or tired it's time to get back to the sofa or bed and pamper yourself.

Please go slow and take care of yourself!!!

44 yrs. old. Uterus only removed on May 2, 2005 Due to many , many fibroids

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register