unsuccessful ablation, what next? - Page 10 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

unsuccessful ablation, what next? unsuccessful ablation, what next?

Unread 08-14-2007, 03:56 PM
unsuccessful ablation, what next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacher30
Robyn - I got blown off by 3 dr.'s as well when I first started having complications from the ablation. Comments ranged from "no one ever has problems after an ablation," to "well, its the dr. fault an the patient's fault, certainly the patient's fault, that we want to feel better right away." HELLO!!! Like you said, we known when something is wrong, and we really have to advocate for ourselves. I was fortunate to hit upon a superb obgyn.

Take care ladies and good luck to everyone comming and going from surgery!

Jen
Exactly my problem too. Ablation with D&C in October '06. Full hyster. in December '06. Doctor said we are taking you serious because in the 28 years I've gone to them (3 c-sections, etc.) I haven't complained much. They claim to have never seen anyone have a problem after an ablation.
Just amazing.
Anyway 8 months out and feel pretty good - Best part NO MORE BLEEDING!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2007, 07:04 AM

Katetype - I'm glad you are doing so well! Did they tell you what the problem was for you after the ablation?
Unread 08-15-2007, 02:00 PM

Hi Katetype,

Can't understand why a doctor would say that they haven't seen anyone with problems after an ablation unless they are new to the procedure.

Anyway the last few days haven't been great. I started having pain on my right side which I thought wasn't a problem since I was supposed to be ovulating anyway and I usually have pain during ovulation. Only it's been 3 days and I still have pain. It's no longer just on my right side but also low in my pelvis. Sometimes it's crampy and sometimes sharp. Called my obgyn that did the ablation to schedule an appointment with her and the earliest I could get was in October and that was a cancellation spot they gave me. She took the summer off, won't be returning to work till september and of course is booked until March. Guess I should consider myself fortunate that I was able to get in as "early" as I did. Sometimes this is so frustrating. I want answers and I want them now!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2007, 02:07 PM

so sorry to hear that you are in pain again. Is there a way you could see another dr. and maybe get a second opinion and get in sooner that way? I hate to think of you being in pain for 3 more months!
Unread 08-15-2007, 04:00 PM

Hi teacher30

Thanks for the suggestion of seeing another doctor. You had actually suggested that to me a while ago and well.........I'd put if off. I know I should get off my butt, quit complaining and just do it without worrying about upsetting the first doctor. I could probably go back to see my ob/gyn that performed my tubal ligation and surgery for my ectopic pregnancy years ago. Only the reason I decided to find another doctor after him was that he seemed a little too surgery-happy for me. About 5 years ago he was suggesting that I have a hysterectomy then for heavy bleeding, anemia, etc. and said it was no big deal. Ya right, that's what he said when I went in to have my tubes tied and look where that got me. Sorry, I'm just a little fed up with having to rely on a doctor's schedule to get answers. Guess I'm also a little scared wondering what the heck is going on inside of me. Anyway, I could always go back to see my family doctor to see if there was another ob/gyn that he might recommend.

Thanks for caring hopefully things will get better soon.
Unread 08-15-2007, 10:35 PM

Hi Purple Lilac,
Sorry to read you are in pain again.
I hope today was a better day.

RT66Cruiser
Unread 08-16-2007, 06:58 AM

Hang in there Purple Lilac! You are in my prayers.

Unread 08-16-2007, 07:22 AM

Hi RT66Cruiser and teacher 30,

Thank you for the support. I actually slept well last night and feel better today, emotionally as well as physically. I finally gave in and took something for the pain last night so I guess that's helping. I called my first ob/gyn and have an appointment with him Sept 5. I figured it wouldn't hurt to at least go and listen to what he says.

Hope all is well with the two of you
Unread 08-16-2007, 01:36 PM

I'm so gald you were able to get in sooner. I've had so many dr. tell me not to worry about taking pain meds if you are hurting. It hurts your body more to be in constant pain rather than take something to ease your pain and emotional well-being.
Unread 08-16-2007, 03:00 PM

Hi teacher30,

I've actually had doctors tell me the same thing. To take pain meds when I'm in pain but I just hate taking any kind of pill. I figure if I'm in pain obviously something is wrong and taking pain meds will only mask the problem not fix it. But I guess I don't have much choice right now until I can see a doctor and figure out what is happening. I have pain again today and I'm really bloated. I haven't had pain this long when I was ovulating before so I don't know what is going on and I know I'm not ovulating anymore. Not looking forward to getting my period! Anyway, taking pain meds is probably not a bad idea right now since I'm really feeling sorry for myself and need to snap out of it. Can you believe that there is actually a teeny tiny part of myself that regrets not having had the surgery last month and being done with this?
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register