Hopefully not TMI, feels different 'down there' | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hopefully not TMI, feels different 'down there' Hopefully not TMI, feels different 'down there'

Unread 11-12-2009, 08:48 PM
Hopefully not TMI, feels different 'down there'

I will ask my surgeon when I see him but its not for a few more weeks yet and I'm curious!

I had a TAH on the 2nd November, so am about 10 days down the road, but noticed this as soon as I was mobile.

In the outside area between the vagina and anus it feels very very different! The only way to describe it is that it feels high and hard and tight/firm. not at all painful or uncomfortable, only different to touch.

I have never had a vaginal birth but I know previous to the surgery the area was soft and sagged a bit. Sorry if TMI. I know when I was constipated it would sag even lower, okay so that TMI! lol

Al Ii can think of is that the surgery where the vagina is pulled up and secured has pulled this part up too, so maybe this was vagina?? or bowel? or a prolapse??

I am wondering if others have noticed this 'high and tight' thing? Is this normal anatomy feeling that I just didn't know about or is it purely because of the surgery?

Will it stay like that?

Thanks so much if anyone can help, I just didn't know who to ask
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2009, 03:51 AM
Re: Hopefully not TMI, feels different 'down there'

No one?
Unread 11-13-2009, 04:01 AM

I hadn`t noticed any difference I presume you mean the perineum ??I wonder if you did have a prolapse before I don`t know sorry I can`t help really but keep in touch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2009, 04:06 AM

Yes I mean the perineum and yeah I wondered about the prolapse too, funny i didn't know it was different before as only starting paying it any attention in the past few months when had been battling bowel issues..so not sure if it was always like that or only after pregnancies..

Can you have a prolapse and have nothing out of the cervix? I know there wasn't anything in vagina it was just this perineum bulging and soft and when constipated the bulge would go into vagina also (sorry tmi!)

Guess the surgeon will be able to tell me?
Unread 11-13-2009, 04:26 AM

hI Aussie Girl,
I had a stage 3/4 (not sure as the sugeon said it was a 4 and really bad) but the websites say 3 is kina bad!! I should have got it sorted five years ago anyway I digress sorry!!

I had a hysterectomy and a bowel and bladder repair cos I had loads of problems and I find that everything is really tight, tmi I know, it's scary at first as I must admit mine was really bad before and now i am starting to recover I feel much better. Youm should ask your surgeon though to put your mind at rest and ask ecactly what they did as they may have dobne a little repair

hope this helps
Unread 11-13-2009, 04:35 AM

Thankyou! I will definately be asking surgeon, but that is a few weeks away.

Have just done some reading and it sounds like I had a rectocele. Lots of problems with bowels and when tried to empty had a bulging perinuem and I would feel the stool bulging into my vagina. I had to push on perineum to empty bowel for the last few months. I can't believe I forgot about this and didn't even think to tell him about it all! I didn't even realise it was relevant and outside of the bathroom, bever really thought about it!

Would a standard hyster fix this? My bowels are certainly better and no bulging now!
Unread 11-13-2009, 04:48 AM

It will not be done as the norm, but if they found that was the problem then it will have been fixed, I did have the same problems and my surgeon was worried that it would tear if left ( I had managed for years with my bladder as prolapse as well just through worry and being too embarressed.

Would advise anyone to go and get it seen to, I am 4 weeks after the op and can already feel the difference and it sounds like your surgeon has worked magic. only downside is that we worry now about is it normal too tight etc...... I have decided to stop worrying at least about this as i feel normal for the first time in years
Unread 11-13-2009, 07:09 AM

Thanks AussieGurl for your posts!

I have experienced generalized swelling down yonder. But it seems as time and bowel have passed, the swelling/firm feeling) is less.

Thank you for your mention of "stool bulging into vagina", as this reminds me to specifically ask my surgeon to check and confirm that no damage was done because of my post op battle with the bm (constipation).

I will add this to my written list of questions for my post op appt. like suggested on this website.

Thanks SISTERS,
Natalie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register