Upcoming surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming surgery Upcoming surgery

Unread 03-31-2007, 08:13 PM
Upcoming surgery

I am having a LAVH with both ovaries and tubes removed. Can anyone tell me the length of hospital stay and recovery time? I am told it is shorter than abdominal. I am only suppose to be in the hospital overnight but would love to hear from you guys what you experience has been.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2007, 08:40 PM
Upcoming surgery

I just had the same surgery (LAVH/BSO) Monday morning at 7:00 am. I was released from the hospital at 3:00 pm Tuesday afternoon. It is a minimum overnight stay with this procedure. They removed the catheter early Tuesday morning and I had to pass gas and pee. Once you pass those "tests" you can go.

I've been on percocet since Tuesday, so I haven't really been in pain, just sore and a little achy. Today (Saturday) was probably my worst day. The percocet is gone and I'm on lortab now, which isn't as strong. That really is a good thing, but my system is not "up and running" like it should be yet so I'm a little bloated and crampy from that. I know, TMI, but you need to know what to expect! I haven't been eating very much, so that probably is contributing to the problem.

I'll let you know how the next week goes, so you can anticipate what to expect. And some of the gals who are further along in the healing process probably have some insight too.
Unread 03-31-2007, 08:47 PM
Thanks

Thank you so much and its not TMI - I really need to know. I think my biggest anxiety about all this is how long I will be "out of commission". Home and work neither one run very well without me. I work in a small office and basically keep the place going so I am pretty anxious about getting back before everyone there kills each other (not that I'm not going to thoroughly enjoy the time off - there can't be much more pain than there is now so that doesn't concern me too much). At home there is me and 3 men so obviously it doesn't do well without me either. I am just going to be very happy to have all of this mess gone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2007, 07:20 PM
Upcoming surgery

Hello. I was scheduled for your surgery, but my endo landed me with a SAH and RSO. My friend oddly enough was scheduled the day after mine and she did have the lap surgery.
She was up and around at her son's baseball game the next week. I could not get to the games for four weeks.

Good Luck and best wishes
Unread 04-01-2007, 07:32 PM
Thanks

Thanks so much for you reply. I needed to hear that - I hope mine goes as well as your friend. I would be happy with 2-3 weeks. Bless you and best wishes!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register