Hormones or what?? (UPDATE) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hormones or what?? (UPDATE) Hormones or what?? (UPDATE)

Unread 11-23-2009, 11:08 AM
Hormones or what??

HI,

The strangest thing happened to me last night...just seeing if anyone else has had the same (similar) experience.

830pm I got the chills...went to bed and wrapped up.
900pm shaking so bad my body hurt
1000 sleeping fitfully but still shaking and very cold feeling
1100 better but now getting too warm

I then took off all the blankets and put on just a t-shirt instead of the sweatshirt I had on. Finally got some restful sleep but I feel like *(&^%^% this morning. I feel like I've fought a war all night.

I had a TVH 10 days ago (kept my ovaries and tubes).

could this be hormone related???

thanks in advance.

Debi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-23-2009, 11:33 AM
Re: Hormones or what??

Sounds more like a fever to me. Have you checked your temperature?
Unread 11-23-2009, 11:38 AM

I didn't take my temp but my husband didn't think I was running a fever....if this happens again I will for sure take my temp.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-23-2009, 11:47 AM

Doesn't sound like hormones too me. Hot flashes and even chills are normal but not that extreme and they don't leave you feeling crummy afterwards. I'd definitely keep an eye on your temp.
Unread 11-23-2009, 12:00 PM

Are you having gas problems? I was actually having (still am, to an degree) problems with being cold/hot/cold/hot. For me, it seems to be related to how my intestines are running at that time. By bedtime, I'm usually freezing, curl up under lots of blankets, and doze off. An hour later, I'm sweating like mad so I kick them all off again. I'm not running a fever, but it's like my body's thermostat is out of whack. I just carry a jacket or bathrobe around the house with me, just in case. I guess I'm so grateful to not be in stabbing pain anymore, something like temperature just amuses me. Maybe call your doctor and ask?

Good luck though! Just wanted you to know you're not alone!
Unread 11-23-2009, 12:08 PM

Lisa - yes...gas, abdominal cramps, etc. Didn't think of this being related to that ...thank you. I've been cold a lot since coming home from the hospital.

I've left a note for my doc.....

Thanks again.

Debi
Unread 11-23-2009, 12:11 PM

Lisa - ps...I had horrible gas, abdominal pains just prior to this all happening!! I'll let my doc know that too. How long does this last??

thanks again.

Debi
Unread 11-23-2009, 12:17 PM

I wish I knew! I'm still having issues myself. I had a TVH also keeping my tubes and ovaries, on the 16th. By Friday night I had gas so bad, I looked like I was 7 months pregnant and felt like my ribs were turning inside out. It was pouring rain, so my husband took me to Walmart so I could walk the store, then I went home and ate some orange sherbet, and went to bed freezing cold. By midnight, I...um...exploded. In a good way. All the gas and, well, other stuff left the premises, and I felt -amazing-. No pain at all. Since then it's been far less intense, but when I gas up, I get really cold. When it relieves, my temperature hops back up to normal, or even a little high. Gas-X is helping, as is lots and lots of slow, steady walking, and drinking massive amounts of water. Good luck to you!
Unread 11-23-2009, 12:28 PM

Thanks Lisa.....good luck in your recovery.
Unread 11-24-2009, 10:50 AM
Hormones or what?? (UPDATE)

hi,

I guess we all now know what I went thru Sunday night wasn't hormones......I spiked a temp yesterday of 101. Hubby took me to the doc and she suspects 2 infections. One bladder, the other vaginal cuff cellulitous.

I'm on 3 different antibiotics. Doc to check on me later today...if not better then she'll put me in the hospital for IV meds.

Keep good thoughts and fingers crossed that that won't have to happen.

Debi

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register