3 weeks since my DaVinci procedure | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 weeks since my DaVinci procedure 3 weeks since my DaVinci procedure

Unread 12-23-2011, 12:27 PM
3 weeks since my DaVinci procedure

It's now been 3 weeks since my DaVinci procedure. I had my cervix removed and have had no bleeding and almost no spotting. I haven't worn a pad, even a panty liner, since leaving the hospital (and I only had one there as a matter of procedure, I think). I haven't needed pain meds in 2 weeks though I did take them for the first week. I have my 4 week check up on Thursday, and expect to go back to work after the first of the year. I'm finally getting to the point where I have more endurance. I did find that I had some lower back pain, just from laying around in bed. Once I got where I felt comfortable sitting in the recliner and started getting more active, it's gone away.
I hope everyone has as good of an experience as I have. The key is to let your body heal at its own pace, and don't push yourself past your own limits. It's okay to be lazy and sleep whenever you want. I crochet and I have made a dozen hats, head bands and at least one baby blanket during my recovery. (Saved me from having to do a lot of Christmas shopping too).
Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-23-2011, 04:21 PM
Re: 3 weeks since my DaVinci procedure

Glad to hear your recovery is going well. I had same procedure & am a couple of weeks ahead of you in recovery time. We share similar post op experiences. I haven't regretted having this surgery for even a day. Best of luck going forward.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register