Finding a surgeon - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Finding a surgeon Finding a surgeon

Unread 04-11-2007, 05:10 AM
Finding a surgeon

We found what we believe to be a really good surgeon but when I checked out the state medical board online I saw that he has one disciplinary action against him in 1992. This is what was written: 1 year suspension, 9 months stayed; 3 Year Contract with Physician's Health Committee; Community
Service; Administrative Fee

This dr is the head of gyn at the hospital which is a teaching hospital at a very respected university. He also teaches at the school and has won all kinds of awards, has publications, specializes in lap surgery, and appears to be highly respected. I plan on contacting the state med board today...but what do you think? Should we still use him? Cynthia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-01-2007, 12:42 PM
Finding a surgeon

We ended up using the surgeon that I mentioned before with one dis. action. I researched it through the state medical board and I was satisfied with the report. He was wonderful and did a superb and successful job. Thanks for all of the hints.
Unread 06-01-2007, 01:12 PM
Finding a surgeon

For anyone, I would suggest looking into the nearest university hospital. I went to the hospital attached to the university where I work- the first time I entered through the emergency room thinking I had appendicitis- ultrasounds told the real story. My shock when I met my gyno surgeon- He was a nodding acquaintance at the corner coffee shop! Turned out he is one of the lead surgeons at the continence clinic, too. And turned out we go to the same church (different services). Anyway, I have been really pleased with the care I have gotten- he knows what questions to ask me, and knows what questions I forget to ask.
I lucked out- but I learned what a good doctor is- one who does a lot of these surgeries, and one who will answer your questions thoughtfully. This is really important, because there are a lot of options, and you and your surgeon have to be clear on your needs and goals so the two of you can come up with a treatment plan. The other thing, is that his nursing staff are really knowlegeable, too. And it was good to talk to one of his nurses who had gone through it all, herself.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register