acne | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-31-2006, 06:43 PM
acne

hi
I just had a hysterectomy on 5/4/06. has anyone developed acne on their faces. Before this surgery I had a clean face. Now I am breaking out very bad... still eating the same exact things.... please help
chave573
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-31-2006, 07:10 PM
acne

My face has been breaking out for the past two weeks. I just assumed that it is hormone related, but I am just guessing.
Unread 05-31-2006, 07:16 PM
acne

I just went to the dermatologist today. The story I got was this... in theory if you have your ovaries out that should improve your skin. (I have a history of hormonally related cystic acne) HRT can cause some problems until it is settled down. If you still have ovaries I think you can still get hormonal problems...pms, breakouts, etc. So far my skin seems to be a little improved but I am going back on antibiotics and will see dermatologist again in 3 months. If you are getting breakouts when you never had them before I would get to a dermatologist asap! There is no reason to suffer, it can be treated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-31-2006, 08:50 PM
acne

Well I dont want to burst anyones bubble. I had problems before and got a total hyst 4 months ago, and I can honestly say it has gotten a little worse. Went to dr today for checkup and she had not clue why. I am wondering if it is the hormones I am taking. I also get the cysts, especially on my chin. It seems funny that they break out around the same time of month they used to. Although I dont laugh too much about it!
I have to take a med from my dermatologist to settle mine down and to look my age, not a teeny bopper!
Unread 05-31-2006, 09:16 PM
acne

Ugh stupid break outs!! I have clear skin since all this happened. I blamed part of it to going off birth control. THe rest of it I'm blaming on the surgery throwing my horomones all off.

ANyone know what I can do to get rid of the oily skin?? I wash and wash and that USED to dry it out like there's no tomorrow, now it's doing the opposite!
Unread 05-31-2006, 09:32 PM
acne

I used tea tree oil astringent pads, I got them from a vitamin shop. I am sure you can get them on internet if you did a search. I tried them once upon a time and it dried my face out. I think I am going to have to order more. My face has gotten oilier since post op. Might the cause of breakouts increasing. Who knows, any excuses sound better than none!
Unread 05-31-2006, 10:31 PM
acne

hi, my skin is in a horriable mess,and breaking out where it never has before, and even the ugly boils too,once i tried that proactive stuff and it worked great ,about a year ago my hormones were all off balance.
so i think i might try that again? it took a little while too kick in,but did work!!!i just got lazy and stopped it!!
good luck and let me know if you find any thing else!!
Unread 06-01-2006, 04:51 AM
acne

I've also experienced more breakouts since the surgery. Not the large cyst types, but lots of small annoying zits, even on my body. I have never noticed this before. Plus, my face is oilier than before! I've had everything removed, and currently on the patch, so maybe the hormones are trying to regulate again, but I sure hope it gets better!! I don't want to deal with this for the rest of my life in exchange for the hyster!
Unread 06-01-2006, 09:28 AM
acne

Well i did get my ovaries removed... the acne as i call it is red and in small patches especially by my cheeks/almost by ear.... I am also breaking out really bad by my chin.... I am just so disgusted.. it seems you get cured from one thing and then another appears... and this is bad because it's your face... has anyone else tried Proactive? I am trying neutrogena face wash and toothpaste but nothing is working.. hope to hear from you.
Unread 06-01-2006, 10:42 AM
acne

now that i read this post i realize yes i also have been having more big red zits since the hyst 5 weeks ago.
i been trying to fry those big red ones with sea breeze .

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register