Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 17-Jul 23,2017 - Page 81 | Hysterectomy Recovery Reports | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 17-Jul 23,2017 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 17-Jul 23,2017

Unread 09-18-2017, 01:11 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 17-Jul 23,2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndogrobot View Post
Hey! Hope everyone is feeling well and that's the reason for the lack of posting but I must admit I miss you ladies!
I'm a little over 8 weeks post op and I'm having some bladder spazams still. I thought by now I'd be over this but my husband reminded me that I'm only about 50% healed. Do you think bladder spasms at this point in recovery is normal? I used Home UTI test strips and they show no infection. The spasms are very strong after I have urinated. I feel like I have to pee about 10 minutes after I just went to the bathroom.
Hi

I am not having the spasms but do often need to pee again shortly after using the bathroom. I believe I must be retaining some as well. My biggest problems are in the morning after waking up but it's not the only time. I have been thinking about calling the doctor but when I saw her two weeks ago she said to give it a bit. I don't know how long that is so I was only going to wait until Wednesday which is 3 weeks from when I saw her.

I thought you mentioned at some point that you had a TVT done at the same time which I did as well. That may be why we are still having these issues. I will keep you posted if I find anything out. Please let me know if you do too.

Hugs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2017, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmers2016 View Post
Hi

I am not having the spasms but do often need to pee again shortly after using the bathroom. I believe I must be retaining some as well. My biggest problems are in the morning after waking up but it's not the only time. I have been thinking about calling the doctor but when I saw her two weeks ago she said to give it a bit. I don't know how long that is so I was only going to wait until Wednesday which is 3 weeks from when I saw her.

I thought you mentioned at some point that you had a TVT done at the same time which I did as well. That may be why we are still having these issues. I will keep you posted if I find anything out. Please let me know if you do too.

Hugs
I did have a TVT. And a week later they had to go in and loosen the sling. This is one part of the surgery that I felt was unnecessary. I didn't think that I had a lot of leakage. Sometimes when I coughed or sneezed but Only sometimes. But the surgeon said that if he didn't do it then I would be back in 4 months asking for the surgery. I caved even though my gut said not to. It seemed like it was a good idea to do everything at once.
I honestly regret getting it. And I have a weird prickly feeling. I'm hoping it's sutures still dissolving and not mesh poking me.
Unread 09-18-2017, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndogrobot View Post
I did have a TVT. And a week later they had to go in and loosen the sling. This is one part of the surgery that I felt was unnecessary. I didn't think that I had a lot of leakage. Sometimes when I coughed or sneezed but Only sometimes. But the surgeon said that if he didn't do it then I would be back in 4 months asking for the surgery. I caved even though my gut said not to. It seemed like it was a good idea to do everything at once.
I honestly regret getting it. And I have a weird prickly feeling. I'm hoping it's sutures still dissolving and not mesh poking me.
My situation was similar. Sometimes when sneezing or intense exercise but not often. I was told I should just get it done while I was having surgery so I didn't have to come back at another time. I really think I will have to go back. Please keep me posted on your progress. I hope it gets better for us both.
Unread 09-19-2017, 06:38 AM
Smile - Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 17-Jul 23,2017 Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 17-Jul 23,2017

It's remarkable how differently everyone travels this path. I had to go back to work at 3 weeks post-op, and feel like I've blown through recovery. I can't believe it's been 60+ days! I'm so happy to read more 'feeling better' posts and fewer 'oh my lord what is happening?!?' ones! At this stage I feel 99% better. I did some major heavy lifting over the weekend and for the first time in a month felt an internal ache, albeit briefly. It was a reminder I'm not all the way 'there'. I also had some very minor discomfort being intimate when he bumped into (what's left of) my cervix. Both reminders my body is still in rehab mode, no matter how good I generally feel. Listen to your body is probably THE most important advice!

Cheers, ladies!
Unread 09-23-2017, 07:54 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 17-Jul 23,2017

sweet ladies!

It's been a few days since I have last posted, since it's been so crazy here!!
Between work and my daughter's car accident papers and shopping for a new (well, used) car....

anyhow, I am glad to be back online.

Let's talk about peeing and leaking and the tape or sling:

I used to have to go to the bathroom between 15 and 18 times a day. Sometimes, I had a sudden urge to go and may have leaked when running to the bathroom. Sometimes, I leaked without cause. And then I started leaking during sex. Not pleasant.
Now things are much better. I still go to the bathroom more than other family members, but the leakage has stopped.
However: There definitely still is that feeling of not emptying completely and having to go again soon after just going. Also the ache when peeing, kind of up there. My surgeon checked and said it wasn't where the sling was. Hm. So what is it, I asked. He said that is was likely still swelling inside, even after months and months.

But I go to the bathroom at least once a night, which is more than before surgery. Before my surgery, I had to go maybe once a night, but not always. Not it's once or even twice a night. But then again I heard that it may have to do with swelling and that when horizontal, our lymphatic fluids get transported out via urine.

My advice is: Hang in there. Give it time. And I have a new normal for a while, only then to be surprised when things improve again and I have yet another new normal.
(I hope I am making sense?).
I hope that all of you feel as much relief as I do after my surgery (surgeries). And that you will accept that your bodies are still healing.

Sending you much love tonight,

xoxo ,
LIV
Unread 09-24-2017, 04:36 AM

Hi there and happy Sunday, sisters! Hope everyone is doing better these days as we progress into our recoveries.

All has been well on my end; 69 days post op today. I believe the last time I posted, I was having urethra pain; but thankfully that has subsided, as my doctor anticipated.

Out of my three laparoscopic incisions, my right one is still not completely closed at the surface. I'm not really too concerned about the scarring at this point and my General Practioner told me on Friday it looked fine (just healing from the inside out). Otherwise, my other two incisions look amazing! Can barely see them.

Night sweats have seemed to dissipate; they were pretty strong immediately after the surgery. I don't have to freeze out my husband at night anymore. LOL. Hopefully they're a thing of the past! I do have a bit of insomnia, though but I had that pre-surgery too and think a lot of that has to do with work/anxiety (because on weekends I sleep well).

I've pretty much gone back to my "pre-hyster" life. I need to get back to the gym more frequently (was 5-6 per week pre surgery), which I plan to do starting this week. I've golfed and walked the course. I've been on the elliptical at the gym. I've picked up my suitcase filled with 37 lbs of clothes... and all without any internal pulling or issues.

The one thing I did without thinking... Last week I was in Florida for the week for a conference and of course laid out at the pool. Well, my right incision got sunburned. Didn't even think about it! My GP on Friday told me that you shouldn't expose the incisions/scars to the sun for up to a year. That was news to me (no one mentioned it); but I guess it should've been common sense. Oops! That was my bad, but all is good now. It did feel GREAT to get in the pool as I feel like I missed most of my summer fun due to recovery.

All in all... 69 days later and I feel AMAZING! Better than I have in a loooooong time (and just to think I didn't have any noticeable issues prior to my hyster). When my friends ask how I'm feeling... I tell them it was the best decision I ever made! While a lot of my girlfriends are still complaining about heavy monthlies, getting it monthly, etc. I just sit back and smile...

Happy continued recoveries and wishing you the very best, ladies!!

Xo
Unread 09-24-2017, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMegs View Post
Hi there and happy Sunday, sisters! Hope everyone is doing better these days as we progress into our recoveries.

All has been well on my end; 69 days post op today. I believe the last time I posted, I was having urethra pain; but thankfully that has subsided, as my doctor anticipated.

Out of my three laparoscopic incisions, my right one is still not completely closed at the surface. I'm not really too concerned about the scarring at this point and my General Practioner told me on Friday it looked fine (just healing from the inside out). Otherwise, my other two incisions look amazing! Can barely see them.

Night sweats have seemed to dissipate; they were pretty strong immediately after the surgery. I don't have to freeze out my husband at night anymore. LOL. Hopefully they're a thing of the past! I do have a bit of insomnia, though but I had that pre-surgery too and think a lot of that has to do with work/anxiety (because on weekends I sleep well).

I've pretty much gone back to my "pre-hyster" life. I need to get back to the gym more frequently (was 5-6 per week pre surgery), which I plan to do starting this week. I've golfed and walked the course. I've been on the elliptical at the gym. I've picked up my suitcase filled with 37 lbs of clothes... and all without any internal pulling or issues.

The one thing I did without thinking... Last week I was in Florida for the week for a conference and of course laid out at the pool. Well, my right incision got sunburned. Didn't even think about it! My GP on Friday told me that you shouldn't expose the incisions/scars to the sun for up to a year. That was news to me (no one mentioned it); but I guess it should've been common sense. Oops! That was my bad, but all is good now. It did feel GREAT to get in the pool as I feel like I missed most of my summer fun due to recovery.

All in all... 69 days later and I feel AMAZING! Better than I have in a loooooong time (and just to think I didn't have any noticeable issues prior to my hyster). When my friends ask how I'm feeling... I tell them it was the best decision I ever made! While a lot of my girlfriends are still complaining about heavy monthlies, getting it monthly, etc. I just sit back and smile...

Happy continued recoveries and wishing you the very best, ladies!!

Xo
KMegs - yay! I'm so happy for you!!
Unread 09-24-2017, 09:45 AM

Hi! I had TVH, kept ovaries, rectocele, cystocele, mesh sling and repair around vagina opening ( pelvic platform? I don't know what it is called). Anyway- I've been reading your posts and Corndog & Emmers- I too have some fear with the mesh. I feel pretty good but just started hiking again. I notice pain down my left side of pubic area. Not sure if it is nerves healing or muscle or something else. I go off and on feeling like I've emptied my bladder. If I don't drink enough water in the morning discomfort is worse. If I drink lots of water I feel I empty better. DR. Told me to relax and take more time on the toilet. I too felt pressured to do the mesh as I felt no leaks but their "bladder test" which the lady really filled me up showed a little leak. I was told I'd have to do it later anyway ( 3 opinions). Dr said he has never had an issue with mesh in all his years so hope I'm not one of the first!! Also he said he gave plenty of room for vaginal cuff so it should not get hit. Have not had sex and won't for who knows so can't really try it out. Am told I need to massage the painful areas for circulation, nerves, etc. he said it almost looks like I never had babies! Woo hoo! Happy vagina soon!! So be patient, I see him at 3 months again and am supposed to start physical therapy this week. I have to use estrogen cream most definitely. Keep on healing and stay in touch. I'd love to hear from others with the rectocele cystocele recovery who are on the other side. Oh- my Dr still says no lifting over 10 lbs.
Unread 09-25-2017, 05:48 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 17-Jul 23,2017

Good to hear about people doing well.

As I had laparoscopic surgery, I don't have any problems with big scars which is a relief. I'm generally feel perfectly comfortable, and energy levels are reasonable - higher than they were before the op. I'm using a vaginal dilator three times a week to prevent scarring from the course of brachytherapy (internal radiotherapy) which I had a fortnight after the hysterectomy, and will have to carry on doing this for two to five years, but it's a perfectly pleasant kind of therapy, so I have no objection. I'll be seeing the consultant in a fortnight for a checkup.
Unread 10-01-2017, 08:58 PM

Hi ladies - I'm hoping the silence mean everyone is doing well.

While I am not 100% yet, I am feeling a bit better each week. I am still exhausted at the end of the work week and more sore as the week goes on. I definitely enjoy my weekend but still use Sunday to relax and rest up for the week ahead. I have not returned to my full exercise routine yet but am walking the dog everyday again.

The one big complaint I still have is the sling. I am starting to wonder if I will ever pee normal again. I think it is one of the reasons for the progressive soreness throughout the work week too. I know I need to be patient but it is hard sometimes.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register