still exhausted - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

still exhausted still exhausted

Unread 07-02-2011, 09:18 PM
Re: still exhausted

I was tired all of the time the first 4 or 5 weeks. I had to very slowly work myself back up to being able to stay awake more than a few hours at a time. Once I went shopping with DH and had to take a nap when we got home- we were gone less than an hour and I think it was around week 4 or 5. So it is normal, it will pass in time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-03-2011, 05:59 PM

It is normal! As I stated in a different post, I slept all summer 2 years ago! Up for a little bit and a shower would wear me out! It sounds crazy and like we are 'acting like a baby' but it is the TRUTH! Our bodies went through MAJOR surgery. Take it easy and don't push yourself. I didn't have to take pain meds for very long, a few days. But I also didn't push myself. I took short walks and stayed off my feet. Somedays it is two steps back, so be prepared. It is a journey! Take Care!
Unread 07-03-2011, 07:07 PM

16 days post op. I am still really tired and not happy about it, I work retail so I'm really worried about it. I know it will take time but I am a manager and once I go back to work I will work anywhere from 8 to 12 hours a day 5 to 7 days a week. I really love my job and hope that I am able to go back without any problems
Unread 07-04-2011, 09:04 AM

I had a TAH BSO, and had to take three full weeks off, and then worked part time (20 hour/week) at my desk job for the next three weeks. I am currently more than 6 weeks out and am still only able to work 3/4 time. After that, I have had it and need to go home to rest.

Your experience may be different, but from the ladies I have been conversing with in my surgery week group, most of them also have had to ease back in to work and work just part time. My doc also recommended easing back into normal life slowly. Listen to your body, and do what is necessary when you return to work. However, you may not have another choice due to work demands. Good luck. Healing thoughts and hugs...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register