Pre-Op Jitters | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-Op Jitters Pre-Op Jitters

Unread 05-20-2004, 06:04 AM
Pre-Op Jitters

Hi,
I am new to this site, and I am having a TAH/BSO on June 14, 2004. Needless to say I am very nervous, but after finding this site I want you to know that your messages of encouragement are very helpful. In fact, my doctor's office forbid me to check out any sites other than yours. I don't know exactly what my surgery will entail other than that fact that everything will be removed. So please just keep me in your prayers and keep posting the positive threads. It really has helped me. Your new hystersister!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2004, 06:36 AM
Welcome

Welcome,
My surgery is scheduled for June 22, so you will be an old pro before I even go in! I originally had it scheduled for May 5th but cancelled as I didn't feel I had enough informations or doctor's opinions. I am glad I waited even though I wish it was behind me already.

There is so much here to learn and read and so many kind souls to connect with.

One warning-at first I was overwhelmed-a lot of positive and a lot of warnings and and a lot of negatives. A lot of connections to other web sites and some of them are very scary. All of it helped. I was able to then start talking to people I know and trust and found many people with experience and knowledge.

But I forged ahead with learning, as did everyone else. I learned a lot about all my alternatives, and what to ask the doctors. It also gave me more time to talk in detail with my husband about it because I had more information and feelings to talk about. And now I am very comfortable with this decision. I wish it was sooner because it is taking a bite out of my whole summer, but that was the best we could do for scheduling.
Unread 05-20-2004, 07:17 AM
Pre-Op Jitters

Hi welcome to Hystersisters, it's nice to know that your dr recommended it

You'll find lots of helpful info in the Pre Op Articles
and Post Op Articles .

Please feel free to ask any questions that you may have. There's usually someone with info or experiences to share.

Also, would you please add your surgery date to your profile so that you'll be included in that day's best wishes list?

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2004, 07:45 AM
Pre-Op Jitters

HI! WELCOME! I'm scheduled for June 14th too, so we can go in together. Get to know this site. I've found it to be more helpful in calming my nerves and fears than just about anything. A good place to start is at the store. (I'm such a shop-a-holic ) There you can get yourself a copy of "Living In The Land Of Hyster". Hand's down, it's the best purchace I've ever made. I've dubbed it my Hyster Bible. Also while you are there, make out a "WishList" and send it to at least one of your caretakers. That too made me feel better. After that... TALK TALK TALK TALK TALK and then TALK some more! We'll all do our best to help, console, and listen as much as possible. You're now our Sister.
WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!
Unread 05-20-2004, 10:29 AM
Pre-Op Jitters

Welcome and good luck on your surgery. I had the same as you.

It's been 8 days now and I am doing just fine.

I was sooooooooo afraid before surgery and this site helped me get through the waiting days.

Hang in there deary!
Unread 05-20-2004, 11:12 AM
Pre-Op Jitters

Hi, mrsjones. Just wanted to welcome you to Hyster Sisters...

I found this sight about 4 weeks before my surgery. In that 4 weeks, I spent hours and hours reading and researching anything to do with my hysterectomy--everything from the type of incision I might have to my bladder repair. I was "silent" for awhile, just a reader, then I got up the nerve to start speaking up and asking questions of my own... My advice to a new Hyster Sister--ask anything that you are unsure of. Someone out there has probably had an experience she is willing to share, and if not, someone probably knows where to help you find an answer. You will find more support here than you ever dreamed possible.

Good luck to you with your upcoming surgery...
Unread 05-20-2004, 02:53 PM
Pre-Op Jitters

Hi, I'm new, too, but have been in the lurk-mode for a while now. My TAH/BSO is also 6/14 so it MUST be a good day, right? One thing's for sure, everyone who's NOT on this board is tired of hearing me talk hysterectomy so I'm going to do all my "talking" here from now on. I'm an information junkie when I'm interested in a subject and can drive everyone around me crazy!

Mimi
Unread 05-20-2004, 04:39 PM
a really good web site

http://www.wdxcyber.com/nurine05.htm

This was a web site I found today called the Women's Diagnostic Center. It has really good, looks like researched information, and frequently asked questions that a doctor answered. I found it very calming and made me more sure that my decision is the best one I can make. Let me know if anyone else found it helpful too.

Calm is good!
Unread 05-20-2004, 05:00 PM
June 14th also!

Hi there! My date at the castle is also on June 14th! I know what you mean about being nervous and overwhelmed. This site has been so wonderful and meant sooo much to me! I seriously don't know how I would get through this w/out my hyster sisters!!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register