Deoderant - Hotflashes/Night sweats | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Deoderant - Hotflashes/Night sweats Deoderant - Hotflashes/Night sweats

Unread 05-30-2006, 05:22 PM
Deoderant - Hotflashes/Night sweats

As I get older and am now experiencing some hormonal issues of my own and from my surgery, I find that I constantly have night sweats and hotflashes. I cannot take estrogen because of a post-op DVT. I cannot use deoderants with any perfume or fragrance in them and I just cannot find anything I feel works. I know this issue has been discussed with no real results on the power surge boards but wanted to ask here also hoping someone knows a good deoderant
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2006, 05:53 PM

I have had hot flashes already before surgery and the night sweats. I don't know if it will help but I like Arrid XXX dry. I used to use Mitchum also.
Sometimes you just have to wash off and reapply. Good Luck. I'm 51 and so far have not had them anymore after surgery except the first couple of weeks the night sweats were bad and I would have to change gowns sometimes twice a night. Hope something works. SHB957
Unread 05-30-2006, 06:01 PM

I have lots of allergies and use Secret soft solid platinum unscented. It works great and doesn't break me out in hives. Don't have hot flashes, thank goodness, but stay hot at work and never sweat through or have odor issues. Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2006, 07:10 PM

Just try and use baby powder instead. It keeps you dry and who needs those chemicals right now.
M.
Unread 05-30-2006, 07:23 PM

This is radical, but I hear superstars use *gulp* botox in their underarms before big shows-- like the academy awards. It apparently is a longer term solution to stop perspiration. Sadly, because of my own issues, I have thought about it-- as much as I have thought of stomach-stapling and other solutions to real and perceived health issues I have.

Personally, I use the original solid version of Sure (deo and anti-perspirant,) and I have had life-long perspiration issues. My immediate solution is to use breathable clothing. I use 100% cotton only. Even my winter sweaters are 100% cotton. No other fiber content is possible at this time.
Unread 05-30-2006, 08:27 PM

Everything that I used broke me out until I tried a deodorant by Almay. It is hypo-allergenic.

Donna
Unread 05-31-2006, 06:00 PM
Botox - that's funny

it's becoming like the new wonder drug - can get rid of wrinkles, migraines and be used as a deoderant
Unread 06-01-2006, 06:22 AM

I'm glad I found this thread. Since my hyst I feel like my body chemistry has changed, and a lot of the products I used before my surgery just don't seem to work. Deoderant, for one, and I've had to change my make up and moisturizer too. I don't have terrible b.o. (tmi, I know!) but feel like it is more of a problem now than before, and this is not related to hot flashes. I'm going to try some the suggestions listed here.
Unread 06-01-2006, 07:19 AM

Chessie,
I have many allergies and I can only use Original Sure solid un-scented. If you are looking for an alternative to the harsh chemicals look at GNC. There was a time when my teenager couldn't use anything and we bought something from them that worked reasonably well and contained no harsh chemicals, sorry can't remember name as it was about 8 years ago and I can't remember yesterday.
Unread 06-01-2006, 07:50 AM

LOL, BayBBear!!!! I am having a tough time with memory too.

What was I saying?

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register