Pre-op Summary today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-op Summary today Pre-op Summary today

Unread 11-08-2007, 09:53 PM
Pre-op Summary today

My pre-op was just paperwork, and going over what I can expect after surgery and what time I need to get to the hospital, they also had me set up a payment plan cause my insurance only pays 70%.

Enema at 8 pm the night before. Thank goodness only an enema. I am terrified of those bowel preps where the clean out everything.

Ok sisters here is what I know now that I didn't know last night.
I am having a total hysterectomy with an abdominal incision. Ouch. I will go lookup the abbreviations on that later. Uterus, ovary, cervix, tube - goodbye.

Bladder sling and entercele (vaginal hernia) will be repaired from the abdominal incision. Rectocele will be repaired by incision in the perineum and it will be really tender for awhile.

I will have vaginal packing and I will have a catheter thingy that is about 8 inches long, fits into the bladder and when you need to urinate you just squeeze the end. Odd. But it should come out the next day before I go home.

Thank goodness I do not have to go on a liquid diet for 24 hours before the surgery. I don't know about you ladies but I have read some sisters have to starve before surgery. My only restriction is no food or drink after midnight.

I have to go to the hospital on Wednesday to have blood drawn only and to discuss how much I am going to pay them.

Prescriptions are Lortab 10/500 and an anti-anxiety tranquilizer (can't remember the name but it started with a D). The also want me to buy Z-bec (a multivitamin I think she said), that was on my pelvic floor paper.

Use ice pack on area, can use frozen peas or corn - WHAT? that is kinda funny.

Pregnancy test was negative, of course.

Since I am having everything removed I will need hormone replacement and will wake up with a patch on. Estrogen only at this point.

Pretty basic after surgery instructions for the rest.

I think I covered it all. My side hurt so bad from this ovarian cyst today that I really can't wait to get this over with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2007, 06:02 AM
Pre-op Summary today

It sounds like a very good pre-op discussion with lots learned. I like to know what's happening and what to expect too. And you surely have a have going on

I've used frozen peas as an ice pack before . Since they're small, it makes the package pretty flexible & works well.

Click here for the abbreviations.

Best wishes.

S
Unread 11-09-2007, 06:25 PM
Pre-op Summary today

Glad to hear you covered everything at your pre-op! Best wishes with your surgery!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register