I need help from my Sisters!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I need help from my Sisters!! I need help from my Sisters!!

Unread 11-19-2011, 07:00 PM
I need help from my Sisters!!

Okay, am I going crazy or what?? I am scheduled for my LSH on 12/1. I just had my pre-op yesterday and signed all my consent forms. My Dr. was gracious enough to answer ALL of my questions. To give you a little background of me, I have an enlarged uterus, 10 weeks, with at least one fibroid anterior pressing on my bladder. My Dr. thinks I may have another one posterior causing my lower back pain or it's coming from my uterus. I also may have endo and/or adenomyosis. Okay, for the last fews days, I feel like my uterus has grown. My belly hurts and it's uncomfortable to sit. I feel like everything is pressing up into my diaphragm, I am getting out of breath very easily go up just a few flights of stairs. I just took an anti-acid pill, hoping that may help. Not sure if it's just nerves or anxiety over my up-coming surgery or if my uterus is actually growing larger or maybe the fibroid is getting bigger over my bladder??? Going crazy and surgery is a little less than 2 weeks. Thanks so much in advance. Sorry for the long rant.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2011, 07:40 PM
Re: I need help from my Sisters!!

I swear the closer I get, the bigger my uterus feels. No idea if it's all in my head or what - I guess/hope maybe the biopsy will hold the answer! Hope these next couple weeks aren't too bad on you!
Unread 11-19-2011, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbid View Post
I swear the closer I get, the bigger my uterus feels. No idea if it's all in my head or what - I guess/hope maybe the biopsy will hold the answer! Hope these next couple weeks aren't too bad on you!
I know, maybe a little of both?? It just feels bigger and I feel pressure too. My lower back is also killing me tonight, ughh. Anxious for the day to get here but so nervous!!! Good luck to you!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2011, 07:49 PM

Funny...I feel the same way. I think just now 'knowing' the distended abdomen wasn't just me gaining weight has made me very conscious of the fibroids (my doctor said my uterus is 5x the normal size - not sure how many weeks that equates to but she could feel the fibroids by simply pressing on my abdomen before they did an ultrasound.)

I will say, there are days when I can really feel the fibroids (sitting down, backache, just by pressing on my stomach) and then other days it's not as noticeable. It almost feels like at times they do swell up and then recede.
Unread 11-19-2011, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie0613 View Post
Funny...I feel the same way. I think just now 'knowing' the distended abdomen wasn't just me gaining weight has made me very conscious of the fibroids (my doctor said my uterus is 5x the normal size - not sure how many weeks that equates to but she could feel the fibroids by simply pressing on my abdomen before they did an ultrasound.)

I will say, there are days when I can really feel the fibroids (sitting down, backache, just by pressing on my stomach) and then other days it's not as noticeable. It almost feels like at times they do swell up and then recede.
I agree. Some days are not too bad and other days are just miserable. I had a Dr. tell me about 2 years ago, from just pressing on my abdomen also, that she felt a 4-5 cm fibroid but when I went for the ultrasound it was like 1 cm??
I brought this up to my new gyno/endo and he said she could have been feeling a lot of things, like my colon or bowel or maybe the ultrasound didn't pick it up?? Who knows, just want it over with!!! Good luck to you.
Unread 11-19-2011, 08:16 PM

OMG! I am glad I am not the only one. I noticed it laying on my stomach this morning. Sheesh! Whats up with that???
Unread 11-19-2011, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arawyn View Post
OMG! I am glad I am not the only one. I noticed it laying on my stomach this morning. Sheesh! Whats up with that???
I have no idea!!! I am so uncomfortable tonight, uggh. I wonder how long it will last? This waiting is killing me!! We are almost there!!
Unread 11-19-2011, 10:36 PM

hello sisters,i am 6th week post op now...feeling better...but you know,i was as anxious as you all pre surgery....my blood pressure had shot up...my belly was swollen.....dont worry..its all in the mind....try to control ur anxiety and dream your way to a healthier you postsurgery!we are lucky to living in an age of advanced medical techniques and innovations.you all are going to get better ..i am going to pray for you.all the best.
Unread 11-19-2011, 10:37 PM

Hang in there girls!!

I had four fibroids (palpable by gynae) for a long time - and YES, they seemed to be affecting me worse (especially bladder wise) in the 3mths prior to my hyster. I also had polyps and adneomyosis and adhesions and a 12wk uterus because of it all - and the first night home I DIDN'T HAVE TO GET UP TO VOID!!!!

I suspect you guys might know how happy that made me

What you're feeling might very well be in your heads - I think mine probably was - but the effects (no matter the cause) are very real. AND, even though I have a number of protruding disks for which I'm on a pretty strong opioid, even THAT pain has diminished since my hyster - so I'm sure many, if not most/all of you, will feel MUCH better post op.

So .. start your engines, the countdown is ON, princesses

Tori
Unread 11-19-2011, 10:46 PM

hi torifrog,you really have gone through a lot!!how are you feeling now?you a re a brave woman!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register