What kind of Chapstick? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What kind of Chapstick? What kind of Chapstick?

Unread 01-28-2007, 09:01 PM
What kind of Chapstick?

Ok, I have 2 weeks and I am buying my stuff this week, but what chapsticks will work? And Pj's or a Knee length gown at the Castle?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2007, 09:06 PM
What kind of Chapstick?

Just my personal preference, but I didn't need any chapstick... but then, I'm not a big chapstick person. I would think you'd want to bring your favorite.

I didn't bring any pj's with me -- I wanted the to do the laundry, especially given all of the various solutions and bodily fluids that I thought would be all over my body and leaking out of me. However, I would think that a nightshirt would be easiest if you feel like changing into your own things -- maybe one that buttons all the way down the front? Just remember, loose, loose, loose.
Unread 01-28-2007, 09:25 PM
What kind of Chapstick?

i wore a knee length nightshirt after they took the iv out which i threw a robe over when i walked the halls. i did not use the chapstick i drank alot of water so my lips did not feel dry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2007, 09:25 PM
What kind of Chapstick?

I had my tube of burts bees with me and my long gowns , Some people dont like the long ones but I have always worn them Or the button up night shirts work well too..I havent been much for pjs but its what ever you feel more comfortable with..have fun getting your new things!
Hey let us know what goodies you end up with!
Unread 01-28-2007, 10:06 PM
What kind of Chapstick?

I Took Along Some Very Comfy Knit Pj's (it Was Too Cold Walking Around For A Gown, Plus When I Got Hot All I Had To Do Was Toss The Covers To The Side! Lol) As Far As Chapstick, I Got The Lip Moisturizer One, And Since It Is Still Cold I Can Still Use It! The One Thing That I Could Have Used More Than Anything Was Throat Lozenges, The Hosp Had To Order Me Some From The Pharm Which Took Several Hours(since I Had General Anesth, My Throat Was Very Sore!) The Other Thing That I Brought Along Was Packets Of Equal For My Coffee, Instead Of Having To Ask For More. Also I Brought One Of My Bottled Water With My Propel Mix-ins (along With Extra Tubes Of That) So That I Could Just Refill The Bottle With Ice Water, Plus Have My Flavering(so That I Would Drink More!...lol) Hope You Have A Speedy And Uneventful Recovery!!!
Unread 01-29-2007, 04:45 AM
What kind of Chapstick?

I bought my hospital stash on Saturday (gotta love Target).

I picked up these great knit booty slippers and one pair of booty slippers with peppermint and lotion in them(what better time to pamper feet than laying down for a couple of days).

Per the boards suggestions, I did buy Blistex (two kinds), wet ones, a little brush, mouthwash, a nightgown, Stayfree overnight ultra thin pads with wings, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, gum, toothpaste, toothbrush, and lollypops. Oh, and one of those travel pillows for my neck (I am a belly sleeper and will miss that more than anything until the incision heels-that was the worst thing about being pregnant and my c-section the last time).

Any other suggestions?

Heading out for my pre-admission testing this morning.

I week and a day away,

Lainie

TAH- HPV positive- CIN1 - prior carcinomas, dysplasias, etc...
40yr old female
NJ
Unread 01-29-2007, 07:20 AM
What kind of Chapstick?

I don't have a lot of stuff yet as I have till March, but I did make sure I had Daisy Blue lip balm (grapefruit and mint). I love it and always make sure I have at least two tubes!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register