Was Acessa Successful? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Was Acessa Successful? Was Acessa Successful?

Unread 03-29-2015, 05:47 AM
Was Acessa Successful?

Hi- I am considering Acessa for a 7x6.5x6.8cm fibroid that is causing heavy bleeding and bloating- I look pregnant Was your ablation successful?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2015, 01:51 PM
Was Acessa Successful?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariella4678 View Post
Hi- I am considering Acessa for a 7x6.5x6.8cm fibroid that is causing heavy bleeding and bloating- I look pregnant Was your ablation successful?
I think so, yes. My last heavy period was in December. I had some spotting for about 16 days in February--super light--since it stopped, my gynecogist was not concerned. I may be really going into menopause and that's why I'm not bleeding. In any case, the pressure and urge to urinate is gone and my abdomen is not really distended. I noticed Halt is doing a study that compares myomectomy and Acessa. It might be good to look at those results when they come out.
Unread 04-08-2015, 10:48 AM
Was Acessa Successful?

I'm sad to say that the Acessa procedure did not work for me. I had the surgery in December 2013. At that time my fibroid was 13 cm. I had to travel to California to have the surgery as it wasn't offered in Oregon at that time.

I did have some immediate pressure relief and it seemed like my bladder issues had lessened, but any progress I had I feel has stopped and if anything I feel worse.

I am severely anemic, even at the point of the month when my iron levels should be highest, (right before my period) im at about a 6.
I have no sex drive whatsoever. I feel like the fibroid has actually gotten larger and I didn't think that was possible.
I'm tired all the time, even though I am taking liquid iron supplements everyday.
I have bladder issues now for about week, week and a half after my period where I have random urine leaks. This also contributes to me not wanting to be intimate with my husband and this makes me angry and depressed.
I was very optimistic about this treatment. I researched it and waited for it to be offered... Put thousands of $ on credit cards to travel for the surgery. For nothing.

For those that have had success im so happy for you. Just wish I could say the same.

I have a new gyno as we've relocated since my last ultrasound, I don't meet her till May, but I'm really curious to find out what they see. I'm also thinking about trying UFE as I'm very much against having a hysterectomy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-13-2016, 11:32 PM
Re: Was Acessa Successful?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariella4678 View Post
Hi, I had the Acessa about 5 months ago, 12 fibroids all different sizes. Largest was 8cm. It took about 3 months before I noticed a difference in periods and bleeding, but felt immediately better with not having to urinate so often. No pressure on my bladder. Was able to sleep more comfortably in about 2 weeks. Getting follow up in another month to see how much fibroids have shrunk. I can feel my stomach isn't as hard and I've gone down a pant size. Found the best dr for Acessa this after much research. Really happy to feel like I have my life almost back to normal.
Unread 05-29-2016, 03:46 PM
Re: Was Acessa Successful?

HI,
I had 4 fibroids the size of lemons and 1 the size of a grapefruit (5 altogether), frequent urination and heavy bleeding. I was regularly visiting the restroom every 60-90 mins due to frequent urination. The fibroids were pressing against my bladder which caused this symptom.
Thursday may 26, 2016, I had the acessa procedure performed it's now Sunday and I do feel a difference when I go to the restroom.
Now I'm going every 2 hours and it's only May 29, 2016!!

I can say that just the change in my bathroom habits has made a believer out of me. Yes, my navel area is sore from the procedure and incision area is sore but I didn't feel the need to take the pain pills that I was prescribed.
I think the reason why more women who have had a successful acessa procedure don't post more often on these sites is because after the surgery you begin to get your life back almost immediately!!!

My doctor told me to rest for a few days so while lying around at home I found this site. But believe me if it wasn't for the need to have r & r for these few days I wouldn't be on this site either. Not because I don't want to inform others about this procedure but because I feel like I've missed out on sooo much in life. For example, having to know where the nearest bathroom is located while doing day to day business or having to wake up in the middle of the night to run to the rest room. I'm hoping that my symptoms become better and better. I will keep you posted.

I feel like I got my life back after over a year of fibroid symptoms. I'm so happy!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register