7 months post op and pain is back! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

7 months post op and pain is back! 7 months post op and pain is back!

Unread 04-14-2005, 05:26 PM
7 months post op and pain is back!

Hi. I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing pain even after 7 months after surgery. I have been pain free before this and now in the last week I have had the same pain back that I had before surgery. I had endometrosis really bad so I wonder if maybe thats back. I have my overies still too. Now I am scared that it may be something else. After my surgery the doc told me that if I did get more pains that it was nothing to do with my female parts as all that was left was my overies. Does anyone else has pain this far after surgery? Thanks for listening..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2005, 06:32 PM

Hi,

Sorry, it must be awful to feel good and then have this happen. I don't know why it couldn't be more endo if you still have your ovaries. I know the chances are slim, but it's a possibility you have to consider especially if it's familiar pain.

Maybe it's due to a cyst on one of the ovaries? Ovary trouble can happen years after surgery.

Also consider anything new in your life that could cause this. Could it be muscle or bowel ? Any different foods, traveling, lifting etc. ?

If it doesn't stop I'd call my GP or GYN, although he sounds all wet! Better start with the GP!

Best Wishes,
Maralyn
Unread 04-15-2005, 06:10 PM

Dear fallingstar:

Hi! I am so sorry to hear you are feeling so bad again. I had to reply because I had my surgury a week before you in January I had a tremendous set back. I was having back pain as well and pain in my bladder -- I was so frightened and I went to the DR he sent my for a sonogram before sending me to a urologist. Come to find out that I had a cyst on my right ovary - the size of a walnut. I did go to a urologist (just to make sure) and he did a cystoscope - my bladder was normal and since the cyst has shrunk but not disappeared. So, I have to go for another sonogram in two weeks to just keep an eye on the cyst. I think you should go to your dr and insist he/she investigate the problem. It is so scary to develop any new problem that might be affiliated with "our" surgury. Please do yourself a favor and have it checked out and if your dr doesn't help then to go somewhere esle. It is his job to help you morally and ethically. I hope you can resolve this and I hope you are feeling better. Please let me know the outcome and I will pray for you -- seven months sounds like an eternity to most people but to me its just the beginning of our healing and new life and new health. Good luck Donna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2005, 08:12 PM

Hi I just wanted to say that I had a LAVH-BSO on 12-15-04 for endometriosis and From all of the doctors I have seen and the research I have done, you have to get rid of your ovaries. If not it is pointless because the endometriosis will just come back. You might check with your doctor or seek a second opinion.

I am sorry that you are feeling bad. I am still having pain and other problems and I am going back in to have a consultation with my doctor on Tuesday to see if I am having phantom pains that these women are describing or if it is something else. Best of luck to you.

Friend2U
Unread 04-23-2005, 01:14 AM

Thanks so much for all your kind thoughts. I do not want to seek a Dr just yet. I am hoping that it may be a kidney infection and go away. I have sharp pains most of the time and really bad when I get up out of bed or get out of a chair. When I lift on somwthing it starts to ach also. I am trying to hold out as long as I can because I am sick of the Dr just telling me it will go away. I have been having some back ache also. If it does not get better soon I will go to the dr. Just hope the endo isn't back!! Thought I would get rid of it with the hyst. surgery. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayer and I will let you know how I make out.
Unread 04-23-2005, 06:07 AM

Hi fallingstar,
iIam 7 mths post opt also and have had pain all along. Was told I had IBS then put on medicine and still no help. Had a ultra sound and nothing had cat scan and xray and nothing now seeing the doctor who did my colonoscopy and looking for help. This pain is different then before. I had a full hysterectomy I have nothing left but my tummy always hurts and is still swollen. Can wear all my clothes as I could right after surgey but my tummy is so sore if I bump up against anything it hurts. I have my own cleaning bussiness so I was back to work at 4 weeks and I still get very tired and just want the pain to go away. They say maybe they will send me to pain managment sounds strange to me and my obgyn left the state in March so now I have to find another if it is related to that. Hope you are feeling better. Take care Sandi
Unread 04-23-2005, 09:50 AM

Oh my gosh this sounds just like me. I just posted a thread about how many times the endo has returned since your hyst. I'm 10 months post op. About 6 months ago I started showing signs too. My Dr. wanted to put me on lupron for a few months but I keep thinking should I wait until it gets bad? My Dr also suffers from endo and she told me before and after the hyst it could return. She said it could be a month it could be years. But beacuse I was 28 and my family history I should think about keeping them if I could. Natural hormones are better than man made ones. So I chose to keep them. Every month I start feeling those same signs its not bad yet it's mild compared to before. I just turned 29 and I'm not ready to get rid of my ovaries yet. I know your pain. Hang in there. Karri
Unread 04-25-2005, 02:32 PM

Hi ladies....
I am feeling really bad today. The pain is terrible now. My hubby and and I tried to enjoy ourselves lastnight, so to speak, but it hurt so bad and I was in tears that we were unable to finish. I am wondering if it could be my overies as thats about all I have left or if it something else. I really don't want to go to the Dr. and have a bunch of test done for nothing. I just want to feel better. I have been pain free for about 6 1/2 months now and I was really enjoying it! Why again! Maybe one day I will be pain free again. Thanks for listening!
Unread 04-25-2005, 03:51 PM

Falling star. Don't dispair and don't give up! Give in and see your doc. Especially since you were pain- free for so long. It's not a sign of weakness to ask for help and you'll feel ever so much better if you discover it's something that's easily "fixable". The idea that it can't be your female parts anymore is nonsense. Especially with a history of endo. Get a second opinion if need be. I will be thinking of you and your recovery! Best of luck to you.
Unread 04-25-2005, 04:49 PM

I'm right there with you, sister, although I'm only about 4 months post-op and don't have my ovaries. They took it all but I've been on HRT, and I just know that the endo is back. It took everything I had just to call the doc the other day. I wanted his opinion on going off the HRT, but I was given "It can't be anything gynecological, let's send you to a urologist, yada yada yada." I haven't even finished paying for this surgery yet, like I really need more doctor bills!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register