So Angry, Is that normal? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Posts from the Heart > Aching Hearts

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

So Angry, Is that normal? So Angry, Is that normal?

Unread 07-02-2011, 09:04 PM
So Angry, Is that normal?

I am on HRT and it seems to be helping some but it doesn't take the pain of loss away. It does stop me from being mad all the time. Because I am mad that I had to give up what little chance there was. I am 31 and have no children and though i know that there are options out there, I can't get over this anger. I lash out at those I love because i just feel so angry. Did anyone else have a problem like this? Also if I am not angry I feel nothing, like I am a shell and the core of me is gone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-02-2011, 11:55 PM
Re: So Angry, Is that normal?

Your feelings are completely normal. I, too, am 33 and have borne no children and it was a terrible pain to finally make the decision to completely destroy any chance. I don't know your situation, but I have been dealing with the fact that it would be next to impossible since I was 22 and it is still hard to deal with 11 years later. My DH says I have been more "cranky" since surgery (6/14), but he is understanding and it helps me to be able to talk to him about it. My best advice is to really talk the whole situation out with a close friend and work through the anger and the grief. Maybe even a counselor would help you through, but most of all I think just time will help.

As for HRT, I don't really know. I know they are supposed to help, but every woman reacts differently. My doctor is reluctant to put me on them because I had endometriosis and it could cause it to regrow. Good luck, punch pillows if you feel the need (lightly until completely healed), and HUGS to you!!
Unread 07-03-2011, 12:05 AM

Hi Lilith,

It's perfectly normal for you to be angry. Losing our ability to have children can be a loss similarly to death for some. I am a bit older than you and was never able to get pregnant when I tried years ago. Even though, I had made up my mind not to pursue fertility drugs or in vitro by 40, giving up my choice was still hard decision to make.

You might want to look for a counselor to speak with in person. I believe that there are some posts here on Hyster Sister from women with similar experiences.

Good luck and we are here to talk to.

Dee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-03-2011, 12:16 AM

I am so sorry to hear what you are going through. While my situation is different to yours, I do know that you would be going through a grieving process, and anger is part of the grieving process. There are I think 5 different processes of grieving, and there is no order to it, and you may even come back to some feelings more then once. Massive hugs to you.
Unread 07-18-2011, 04:03 PM

HUGS

Adding more hugs for you. It's been so recent since your operation, the loss and grieving are still felt so deeply. You're only 31 years old, so young to deal with this. So many women here have felt exactly the same way, that a huge part of their future has been taken from them. I'm so sorry.

You say you're mad because you had to give up what little chance was left to have children. It's naturally you would feel this way. Something priceless has been lost to you. Please remember your doctor must have decided for a hysterectomy operation because your own health was at risk, without it you might have died.

Maybe realizing this it doesn't help to ease your anger at this point. But I hope in time things will get better for you, that you see there are still so many worthwhile paths for you out there. Please take care.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register