Lupron and progesterone/still bleeding | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Lupron and progesterone/still bleeding Lupron and progesterone/still bleeding

Unread 03-27-2008, 09:19 AM
Lupron and progesterone/still bleeding

Hi,
I have had 3 lupron shots and still bleeding. Dr put me on progesterone and I have a day or two without bleeding but then I bleed heavy. Has anyone else experienced this?? I am seeing my second opinion Dr. tomorrow. I am hoping that he can take this thing out of me asap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2008, 12:05 PM

I've had one shot of lupron earlier this month, but prior (Dec, Jan & Feb)I had Depo- preveria (sp?). I had a light period in January then spotted the entire month of Feb. Once I had the Lupron March 11th it all stopped. Well that was until yesterday. I spotted then this morning woke up to a full blown period. I called the Dr. and he said this was normal, and that my body is "trying" to adjust to all the changes. I feel like crap, I have wicked cramps, and SOOOO looking forward to my May 13th surgery. I'm glad to hear of your second opinion visit.....let me know what happens!
Unread 03-27-2008, 03:16 PM

Interesting. I have all of the symptoms of chemical menopause..irritable, tons of hot flashes, horrible night sweats and I still bleed. I just wanted to be reassured that this is somewhat normal, so thank you for your post. Good luck with your surgery. What kind are you having? I am hoping,praying that the 5cm tumor I have can be removed laproscopically. Dr #2 seems to think I am a good candidate, but he hasn't seen the sonegram yet. Dr #1 thought he could do it lapro, but wasn't sure till he got in there and then maybe it would turn out to be abdominal. Just can't wait till its over. I am very anemic and am taking so much iron that I could probably spit nails at this point...current situation not helping me.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register