Any one else feeling great?? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any one else feeling great?? Any one else feeling great??

Unread 01-10-2013, 05:47 AM
Re: Any one else feeling great??

I'm not even 24 hours post-op and if it wasn't for the soreness I feel like I could run down these halls of the hospital. For the first time in 10 months I'm finally pain free which is a wonderful feeling. I feel free, my mood has lightened and I'm at peace. The doctor is shocked that I've only been taking my toradol injections every 6 hours and not needed the pain pills. Once I heal completely its time to start my life back up again especially making up for lost time with my beautiful son
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2013, 09:56 AM

I feel you sister! I'm 5 weeks post op and I feel much better than before my surgery. I definitely feel much more happy now and I am practically pain free, with the exception of some evening when I start getting tired. Sometimes I think it is because I am very serious about not doing things im not supposed to do until the 8 week mark. I notice a difference between positive attitude/healing properly as ordered and doing too much... That hystersister saying that we only have one chance to heal right is so true. I loved reading this post! Happy healing sisters!
Unread 01-10-2013, 10:59 AM

Me too! 3 weeks post op, to the day and yesterday I feel like I've turned a corner. There was enough energy to go without a nap. No hot flashes last night, no crying jags and best of all is that my appetite is returning. Keeping my fingers crossed that it continues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2013, 11:01 AM

I feel you too - I'm seven weeks and bit out and finally feeling pretty good! Had a horrid virus over Christmas and New Year - I never get sick - but just a bit of a cough left now. Off to my first yoga class since surgery tonight and can't wait :-) I've lost loads of weight but feel really well and excited about my new life, heal well sisters and hang on in there if it's not going smoothly - it will get better!
Unread 01-10-2013, 11:03 AM

48 hours after being fixed and I feel so much better!! Still listening and not lifting as I have a set of new stitches in there but no adeno back pain that plaqued me forever !!
Unread 01-10-2013, 11:40 AM

I like this thread I feel like I am still waiting for the down side, and have felt odd being on a site that offers support. People here definitely answered my pre-op questions and got me info that has made this possible though. I hope others have the same awesome luck I have, but I did do some doctor research first and I really encourage that - I'm in a big HMO and still had lots of options. The surgeon I went to was actually recommended by my main GYN, so it isn't wrong or offensive to ask around for who is best when it comes to the operating room and your specific surgical needs. Not all great GYNs are great surgeons, and not all surgeons specialize in your situation. There are ways without showing any disrespect to ask about this before going under the knife; any good doctor will know his/her own strengths and weaknesses and help you with this. I am only one week out (LSH), but have felt great from the start. A little gassy and not getting the intestines to cooperate fully just yet, but that was true before surgery too. Most of the symptoms I went in for are gone, my post-op pain has never topped a "2" and I have to keep reminding myself to take it easy. I am only just now starting to notice my incisions, but I would call it a weird feeling more than pain. Oddly, my sinuses are even better than they have been in years. Is it possible the breathing tube they put in there cleared something out? I was not expecting that. I have been working from home all week, and probably will go back to the office Monday (I have a flexible office job just a couple miles away so am lucky like that). Wishing any pre-op readers the same good luck on the other side.
Unread 01-10-2013, 12:27 PM

im only 10 days post op, but the difference already is unreal!! And if my body continues like this then I will be one very very happy bunny
Unread 01-10-2013, 12:38 PM
Any one else feeling great??

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatBazz View Post
48 hours after being fixed and I feel so much better!! Still listening and not lifting as I have a set of new stitches in there but no adeno back pain that plaqued me forever !!
. When I say "fixed" it's because I had vaginal tears that needed to be stitched.... My hyst was December 14. Happy Healing everyone!
Unread 01-10-2013, 01:33 PM

I would like to add that I feel great as well. My 4 week post-op date is tomorrow. I was in and out of the hospital the same day and have had very little pain -- in fact I quit taking all pain medication on the 2nd day.

I started back to work 2 1/2 weeks after surgery and am now working 8-9 hours a day. Luckily, I work at a desk job where I can walk around as needed, and it's not overly stressful. I was pretty tired after the first few days of work, but this week my energy is coming back and I am feeling good!

As far as rebeccao's comment about the sinuses. I was wondering that as well. I have always had sinus/allergy problems and have not had a problem since surgery. What did they put in those nose tubes???
Unread 01-12-2013, 11:56 PM

So happy to see so many of us doing so well 😄 am looking forward to seeing my doctor this week... Fingers crossed I get cleared to resume work outs and ( never thought I would really say this!) giving my house a good cleaning! DH and kids have been great and helping keep up the house but.... 😉
Cheers to us sisters!! And wish you all a continue down a healthy speedy recovery 😊

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register