dVH/RALH 12 days post hysterectomy: more soreness than before? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

12 days post hysterectomy: more soreness than before? 12 days post hysterectomy: more soreness than before?

Unread 08-09-2014, 09:35 PM
12 days post hysterectomy: more soreness than before?

Hello! I had davinci hysterectomy 12 days ago, with ovaries removed. Very sore today, more so than last week. Anyone else feeling like this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-10-2014, 12:29 AM
Re: 12 days post op: more soreness than before?

Yep, my 16th day was a bear with crampy achiness and tears - which is VERY unusual for me. A heating pad, motrin and an extra long nap helped. Hang in there!
Unread 08-10-2014, 12:54 AM

3 weeks past davinci, ovaries removed day 16-18 hit hard, first 2 weeks were better. This week Sore all around, especially places that weren't hurting at all previous 2 weeks! Fever, nausea,migraine, tears too! More napping, ibuprofen, and back to not doing much at all has helped. It was a bit discouraging! But I'm starting to feel much better again,I did get antibiotics 2 days ago due to fever, possible UTI. Of course with the weekend here no word yet from Dr. Hang In looks like what everyone is saying! The light is coming at the end of all this! 😄
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-10-2014, 01:32 AM

Four weeks out and more miserable than before surgery. Bleeding, pain, regret, and daily tears. Tired of hearing about all those who just had a beautiful recovery and feeling like I am the only one who is not getting better.

On the flip side I am SO happy for all of those women who healed so nicely because I do not wish this on anybody!

Wish I had known then what I know now. Good luck to all of us slow healers!
Unread 08-10-2014, 04:13 PM
Re: 12 days post hysterectomy: more soreness than before?

Thank you so much for replying, sisters!! I'm so relieved that I'm not the only one struggling with this. I keep feeling like I should feel better/ do more. It's honestly become depressing. I suppose with seeing many posts about ladies even going back to work at 2 weeks I was hopeful. We do just have to hang in there, and heal in our own time. It's hard to be patient with myself. Putting in a call tomorrow for more pain meds, trying to accept where I am in healing process but it makes me nuts! Thanks for making me feel better. I'm hoping all of us feel better very soon!! <3
Unread 08-10-2014, 09:31 PM

Finally, i thought i was alone. My surgery was the same as urs just 1 day later. & i feel horrible. Pain in my lower right side, took a little tumble with hasn't helped anything but had pain there already. Out of pain meds. Besides my emotions are still all over the place even with estradiol which seems to give me migraines. I hope this gets better soon for those of us who are struggling. Hugs
Unread 08-10-2014, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistie75 View Post
Finally, i thought i was alone. My surgery was the same as urs just 1 day later. & i feel horrible. Pain in my lower right side, took a little tumble with hasn't helped anything but had pain there already. Out of pain meds. Besides my emotions are still all over the place even with estradiol which seems to give me migraines. I hope this gets better soon for those of us who are struggling. Hugs
I really hope it gets better soon too. It does make things harder trying to adjust hormonally after all of this. I'm on estradiol too. I don't know if the sadness I feel is from adjusting to that or the frustration of the healing process. Maybe it's both. The pain moves around for me, sometimes feeling very much like bad cramps, other times stabbing like pain in incision area, but always feeling really heavy when I'm up for a good while doing things. I want to feel a sense of accomplishment but I've been too tired to do much, even things one can do sitting down. Our bodies must need a ton of rest after what we've been through. Hugs, sisters. I sure hope each one of you gets some good rest tonight!!!
Unread 08-12-2014, 07:26 AM

Egads so sore today ladies. So very sore. Dr. Approved ibuprofen only. I am now feeling with much more of a vengeance all the things I should NOT have done.. How are the rest of you doing today?
Unread 08-12-2014, 07:46 AM

I'm with you still very sore mainly lower back and left side I am still on Ibuprofen and Noroco (?) as needed an it was surely needed last night. I have Dr.'s appt today so I will update later :-)
Unread 08-12-2014, 08:41 AM

I was in a lot of pain 4 weeks post op. I didn't realize that I had an infection around my incision on the inside. I had an abdominal hysterectomy. It was only when I just could not stop crying that I called the doctor and they gave me antibiotics for the infection. I waited so long because every time I called about something they would tell me it was normal.

Everyone heals differently so you might want to get checked out if the pain persists. Good luck and happy healing.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register