back to work and soooo tired | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

back to work and soooo tired back to work and soooo tired

Unread 03-18-2005, 08:54 PM
back to work and soooo tired

I am back to work full time plus an extra 2 hrs at job #2. by the time I get home I am just wipped. I havent even really cooked as nothing looks very good. I have been in bed by 9pm each night except one night I didnt even make it to 8pm. I get up at 6am. I have been having lots of trouble with tendonitis in my right hand that was a problem before surgery. But now its just really bugging me. Little things are really making me irratated at work and at home. Sometimes I just wander around the house with no direction in mind. There are lots of things I could/ should be doing but have no desire to do them. I have been excersising, but I feel like a big fat balloon.
Oh yeah and sex is a big disapointment as I feel like I am lined with sandpaper.
Ok this post sounds really pathetic. I am NOT as bad as I sound. I have been doing alot and maybe too soon, but I just feel so blah. I could blame it on the weather and the season and having another birthday (47) but you know what. That all falls flat because it seems to be coming from INSIDE.
No HRT because of endo. Not many problems there as of yet unless this depression is part of it. But I can get that way sometimes. Is any of this making any sense?
sorry to be so depressing.
thanks for listening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2005, 11:16 PM
take time for you!!!

I can sure understand about the blaws...I went to work at 2 weeks had a set back for a week. I sometimes make dinner for the family and retreat to my bedroom and do whatever makes me happy. If my family wants to see me they join whatever movie I'm watching or we talk but at least I'm laying down usually with a heat pad. If I don't I've noticed I don't have as much patience ...or I just feel irritated.
I'm not yet to the sex yet ...lol but I had a Depro-Lupron shot which takes all the hormones away...So I had that sandpaper feeling...its do to lack of lubrication. We used KY jelly but I have read threads of other options.
Just remember you will have the blaws once in a while but just take time for you. I love this web site as you get hugs from sisters going through similar stuff!!!!
One Big To You
God Bless You

Sha
Unread 03-19-2005, 04:26 PM

I had my TAH BSO 12-10 and I had alot of the same feelings. I started back to work about 6 1/2 weeks post op and felt fine, but as with you, I was soooo tired by the end of the day! It has gotten better with time. Now, unless I have had a particularly stressful day, I am not as tired.

I am on HRT and it has worked well for me, but I think I need a stronger dose. I had read on this site that our bodies require more as we deplete the hormones we had before surgery. Have you checked into natural remedies? Someone I work with goes to a health food store for them. I think the hormones help alot with the feelings alot of us have. I get that irritated feeling too, so plan on calling my DR for the stronger dose. I didn't have endo, so can take the HRT. I'm on a very low dose of Vivelle Dot patch.

Sex gets alittle rough for me too, and it gets distracting from that little bit of pain from the dryness. My DH didn't care for alot of lubrication, but have found that just alittle does the trick. Sex is actually better for me now than before surgery now that I have started using KY. Like Sha said, there are other lubricants out there too.

Hope it helps to know other sisters feel like you do and it is normal. It helped me to read your thread and others like it. It does get better with time!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2005, 05:44 PM

Hey everyone! I returned to work this week, and not full time or with another job...but i am exhausted. I happened to have caught a cold as well and am hoping that is contributing to my fatigue. On the upside TWO days i went to the fitness center and was able to work out vigourously for 45 minutes each day and did some pilates this week. That helped me to know some normalcy is on its way......but i still nap and feel so lazy when i do so. Like today, i was exhausted after hanging out with DD and my mom for a few hours. I think it must be normal to some point and perhaps why some physicians recommend you go back to work after 8 weeks.
Unread 03-19-2005, 09:52 PM

Back to work this past week, too!!! Only 4 hr days all week since it was the beginning of my 4th week post op and Dr recommended. I hv an office job so not alot of manual labor to do, but I couldn't believe the sitting for extended amnt of time would knock me for a loop as it did. Each day, I came home and rested on the sofa for an hour, and got all my energy bk for the evening. NOW I go bk to work fulltime Monday-just hoping I can get through the days ahead!!!! I feel good, just still quite gas-sy, but aside from that, I am gonna tackle the norm now, again!!! Wish me luck!!
Unread 03-19-2005, 10:28 PM
r u crazy?!

I've had so many women friends tell me their TAH was life changing and they have even gone so far as to threaten me if thtey think I'm doing too much! Just say no. No to over time. No to too much! No one has a good frame of mind when they are tired so here are my prayers that you can slow down the work load-now! I have found myself fall a little into that walk-around-the-house-mindlessly and lay in bed too-rested-to-sleep-but-too tired-to-be-up mode. And, have done tons of deep thinking. I remind myself that I can't make any life-sweeping changes right now but I can give myself permission to 'stare;' to read a magazine, to spend a whole hour in prayer for all the people I know who need help in one way or another. I give myself permission to slow down and heal. I am thankful I have such love and encouragement from members of our church and from my sister who lives only an hour away. I found so much inside the walls of the local church. So much of what I think we all look for--
Unread 03-21-2005, 08:14 AM

Oh my goodness, I feel like you do. I seem to be more irratable now than I was before my TAH/BSO. My DH is counting the days down to have sex....I really don't seem to feel like I care to have it, and unfortunatly I was beginning to feel like that before as well. After surgery the dr. said I was beginning menopause because my ovaries looked like raisins when she too them out. I wish I could feel excited about something. It will be six weeks on Wed. and I see my Dr. on Thurs. I hope these feelings are something she can give me a pill for. I really don't want to return to work like this, or make my DH have to keep enduring my intolerance. Cooking is for the birds, I have ordered so many ala-zing dinners....what would I do without them? only wish I could order up a better attitude.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register