Hello,The beginning of week 3. . . | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hello,The beginning of week 3. . . Hello,The beginning of week 3. . .

Unread 02-12-2007, 03:46 PM
Hello,The beginning of week 3. . .

Hi!
Just curious how eall the ladies are with my surgery date. Rough day today, one of the worst I've had. Abdominal swelling to the point where my tummy is as hard as a rock. Nonetheless, I wish everyone else well and would love to hear from someone.
violet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2007, 07:11 PM

If your tummy has not been hard as a rock prior to today, you may want to call your doctor. Your swelling should be getting better, not worse.

I had LSH two days before your surgery. I still have some abdominal swelling, but not nearly as much as a week ago. My surgery was not nearly as invasive as yours, but I'm still very tired and wonder what the doctor was thinking when he said the recovery time was two weeks! Except for being unemployed, I'm almost grateful I don't have a job to run back to right away.
Unread 02-12-2007, 08:01 PM

I know exactly what you mean. i can start out the day feeling great and by the end of it I am totally exhausted.Have you told your doctor about the bloating? I thought I was going to explode for a while. Good Luck and God Bless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2007, 09:49 PM
Thanks a bunch

hope everyone has a good day tomorrow, I'll call my doc soon. I see her on Friday.
best to u all
violet
Unread 02-13-2007, 12:09 PM

I had my TAH/BSO on January 29. Today is not as good as the past three or four days have been. I am having some pain/cramping on my left side above my incision and across my groin below my incision. Not horrible, but more than I've had. My back is hurting some today. Probably from having to sleep flat on my back all night. I'm guessing that things are starting to heal internally. Seems I read a thread about how the third week was worse than the second week. But I've also read that we will start feeling more normal in another week. I still have a lot of swelling, too.
Unread 02-13-2007, 12:21 PM

I am tired today. I over did it. I vacummed my bedroom because I couldn't stand it anymore. DH has been promising to do it for two weeks, I will get him to do the rest of the house later. Rested a bit, then drove to two banks, thank goodness for the drive through, and did valentines shopping at Target. Out for one hour and feel like it was 10.

Off for a nap.
Unread 02-13-2007, 03:15 PM
doc's orders: who is driving already?

I was told that I couldn't drive anywhere till at least the end of week 4. To put it into perspective, my doc said if I couldn't slam my foot on the ground without hurting my tummy, I can't drive. Has anyone else been told this. I would love to get out once I have a good day.
thanks
violet
Unread 02-13-2007, 03:20 PM

Not sure what type of surgery you had. At first I was told three weeks to drive and do stairs, but once surgery was done the doctor pushed both of those restrictions to two weeks. I think if you have abdominal with stitches the restrictions last longer.
Unread 02-13-2007, 03:40 PM
Pain down left thigh?

Had adominal surgury 3 weeks ago. Came out with numb left thigh. About a week ago it woke up and just throbs and hurts to the touch.. Anyone out there having same problem??
Unread 02-13-2007, 11:13 PM

I could drive at 2 weeks per the doctors instruction. I did, however, drive at 8 days out of desperation. I just went around the corner though to pick up a few things.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register