It's over! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 08-17-2012, 05:48 PM
It's over!

Surgery was done on the 15th. Went in at noon and 5 hours later it was over. Husband did not see me until 9pm when they brought me to my room. He said he did not recognize me...I looked horrible (color and swelling).

Next day doc said worse case of endometriosis she had seen. Plus cysts & fibroids. Anyway - only one night in the hospital and now I am home. Feeling much better today and swelling is almost gone.

Looking forward to my new pain free life!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-17-2012, 07:05 PM
Re: It's over!

I'm glad that you are feeling better today. Go slow, take it easy and rest. Your better quality of life starts now!!!
I pray that you have a successful recovery.
((HUGS)) to you
Unread 08-17-2012, 08:20 PM

It is good to be one the other side!
My surgery was similar to yours, except davinci. Endo, cysts, super long surgery. How long are you on restrictions?
It will get better every day! Take it easy, drink lots, eat prunes and sleep. Hope you have a speedy recovery!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-17-2012, 08:40 PM

Welcome sister to the other side I am glad you are feeling better. Take care of yourself and get plenty of rest.
Unread 08-18-2012, 01:21 AM

Welcome to the other side!
Unread 08-18-2012, 07:17 AM

Thank you ladies!! I am doing great. My only concern is constipation. I will start the prunes today! I've been drinking lots of water and walking so hopefully it will be soon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register