LAVH orgasm while asleep | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

orgasm while asleep orgasm while asleep

Unread 06-27-2015, 03:36 PM
orgasm while asleep

I am 4 weeks post-op. I have had many sexual dreams since my surgery, even while still in the hospital. I have had at least 3 orgasms in my sleep, as well. What's going on? I have taken an anti-depressant for years that has actually killed my libido, so this is very unusual for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-27-2015, 08:52 PM
Re: orgasm while asleep

It is actually not uncommon to have orgasms in our sleep afterwards. I'm not sure why - could be the nerves that were affected by the surgery.

If you get your libido back - is that good or not so good? :-)
Unread 06-27-2015, 11:18 PM

I had an orgasm in my sleep at about 10 days post op. I have no idea why, I was swollen, in pain and had icky discharge. I never felt less sexy, and sex was far from my mind. I figured it was a systems check, or like a rebooted computer.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-29-2015, 05:21 PM

wow.. thought it was just me.. ).. I had very little interest in sex before my TAH w/bso I assumed the introduction of hormones caused it.. And why was I dreaming of a very muscular man?.. I do not even like men who look like that.. ha
Unread 06-29-2015, 05:36 PM

You can check this article about libido surge post surgery
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/art...m#.VZHWRIY8KnM
Unread 07-19-2015, 05:56 PM

Actually, I had a thought about why this might be happening post surgery. When we are aroused blood rushes to our sexual organs, making it more sensitive. Would not the same thing happen after surgery? All of that bruising and swelling would probably be putting pressure there, creating sensitivity. Now that I'm almost completely healed I am back to the way I was before surgery. Darn it.
Unread 07-19-2015, 11:14 PM

You lucky dogs. I've had orgasms in my sleep for much of my adult life, but I haven't had any since surgery.
Unread 07-20-2015, 12:50 AM
orgasm while asleep

This happened to me a week ago! I awoke super scared that the vaginal contractions were gonna harm my healing vaginal cuff. It only lasted for about 20 seconds. After it was over I was thrilled to know that I still have vaginal contractions when I orgasm! I was scared I would lose that since I no longer have a uterus or cervix! Yay! I'm still waiting 8 weeks mark for sex though!
Unread 07-20-2015, 12:41 PM

Oh man, I thought I was the only one! i started having these only a few days after surgery and thought I was just going nuts. Sex is the LAST thing on my mind right now...but these sexual dreams are intense. And I too was scared the contractions would hurt my cuff....
Unread 07-20-2015, 11:53 PM

I understand the fear. However, I also think that continuing to have orgasms is important for maintaining overall pelvic health and strength. Increased blood flow and stronger muscles that decrease risk of prolapse are good things.

Of course, everyone should have doctor's clearance before deliberately having an orgasm. But those that happen on their own...well, what can you do but enjoy them?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register