Scheduled TAH T-2 days | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-02-2010, 04:25 AM
T-2 days

Ok, well.....I have today and tomorrow left. TAH is on Tuesday May 4th. at 8am. I have so much going on and I am getting super-stressed. I have my mom and aunt and grandmother coming to my home to help with the kids and me and cook for my family. That is a HUGE help, but my house is virtually in boxes since our move date is May 15th. I was originally going to have my TAH on June 29, but my doctor finds it quite emergent to have it done this week. I have had continuous pain and bleeding to the level of going to the emergency room, so my doctor does not feel comfortable waiting. As you can imagine, it has put a damper on my involvement in our move. So, naturally, I have been busting my butt to try and help pack and clean as much as possible before I have my surgery. I hate not being able to do stuff and help.
On top of it all, I am starting to get quite emotional about this whole thing. This morning, while driving to work, I started to cry for no reason. That is not like me. I usually am the one telling people that they are silly crying over a movie or show. Today, I didnt even have the excuse of a sad show or movie.....I just started crying. I am wondering if this is normal. Have I just suppressed the emotional part too long, and now its deciding to creep up on me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2010, 05:37 AM
Re: T-2 days

It's an emotional time for sure. Not only do you have a big move to worry about and not being able to participate as much in it is stressful but you are about to have surgery. I'm a week away from mine and I'm finding I've started crying a lot lately too. Try and relax and let your family help....that's what family is for.
Unread 05-02-2010, 08:42 AM

I think the crying is just in response to the stress. It is a very stressful time and there are a lot of worries associated with this type of surgery. I had a TAH BSO a little more than a year ago and it is the best thing I have ever done. I haven't signed on to hyster sisters for over a year and I wish I would have used it more often. If I were you since you are having a TAH hysterectomy and you're moving so soon afterward, that you really take it easy. You are going to be very very tired for about a month or so after surgery. You don't want to open your incision by doing more than you should. I went on vacation almost exactly a month after surgery and I was really tired out. I couldn't do that much, and I cannot even imagine how tiring it will be for you to move. Take care of yourself and allow others to pamper you. Good luck with your surgery, I'll be thinking of you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2010, 09:49 AM

Thank you
Unread 05-02-2010, 09:55 AM

So, I wish I could say that I am feeling a little better emotionally....But I am at work for a 12 hour day today and its really really slow, so there is not much to take my mind off of my up coming surgery. Its now lunch time and I feel like I am going to be nauseaus. I think the freaking out is getting to me more then I would like. I know in my head that being calm will help and is key for successful procedure and recovery, however I cant help it. Its gonna be a long 2 days.
Unread 05-02-2010, 11:23 AM

I know the worry associated with this. I was really afraid to have to use general anesthesia... so much so that at the last minute I asked my anesthesiologist of I could have a spinal instead. They all agreed that it was a good idea, but they recommended that I be asleep though through other medications, just not general anesthesia. I am SO GLAD I did it this way. It really relieved a lot of the fear I had.

Look at it this way, I have spoken to about 10 or 11 women personally who have had this surgery and not even one of them regrets it. You will be feeling so much better after you have healed and taken back your life.

One thing I would recommend... I was very weird about pain medication - kind of afraid of it. If there is anything I would change it's that I would take it without reservations. If you let the pain build up instead of keeping it under control, it's a lot harder to bring it back to something more reasonable. Just a thought.

< Email address removed for your privacy. Please use PM/Email feature in member profile. > Good luck!

Kelly

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register