What are u guys drinking beside water - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What are u guys drinking beside water What are u guys drinking beside water

Unread 12-16-2010, 01:35 AM
Re: What are u guys drinking beside water

Green Tea
Soda Water
Coffee
Bacardi and Coke
Beer
Wine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2010, 10:03 AM

Have always drank at least one diet cola daily for years but I did not have any until about a week post op. It didn't taste very good so it was another week before I had another and now I've been having 2 to 3 a week.

Up until then I drank

water
iced tea
OJ
coffee (regular, had it day 2 in the hospital)

I've drank lots of water for several years now and that has still increased significantly since surgery. Hospital nurse was impressed with how quickly she needed to replenish my supply.
Unread 12-18-2010, 02:47 PM

Mostly water yet. I'm having the occasional glass of milk and the occasional can of pop as well. Did get a latte before leaving the hospital (I only have coffee on very rare occasion otherwise anyway).

Finding pop actually helps with the gas some because gets me burping.

My Mom filled my fridge with skim milk while I was in the castle, otherwise I'd probably be drinking more milk, nothing against skim milk... there just really needs to be some fat in it for it to taste good imo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-19-2010, 07:27 AM

I;ve been drinking LOTS of water. Yesterday I had a couple of Ginger Ales and they went down well. I use to be a Diet Coke freak. (oh I forgot DH got me a diet coke yesterday, it tasted funny) But I have not had a can or bottled diet coke in almost 6 days. I have my first cup of coffee in front of me now and it tastes ok.
I like diet cranberry juice, no UTI infections on top of all this.
Best of luck
Unread 12-19-2010, 01:06 PM

Bluesmiggle, I want a drink so badly! I cannot wait to get taking less meds so I can have one. lol.

I've been drinking a lot of gingerale, along with slightly, I find it does help me burp which has helped a lot. I've been drinking water but while I was still sick to the stomach water was coming up and gingerale was staying down. Since being home I've been drinking some milk as well. And coffee and tea. I missed coffee in the hospital. I only have one cup in the morning but I love it.
Unread 12-19-2010, 06:19 PM

overthemoon,

I have been bad! I have been drinking more water the last couple of days but find that is more uncomfortable because of the pressure in my bladder (if that makes sense).

I will continue to drink it though as it is good for you and I do feel 'better' being properly hydrated.
Unread 12-19-2010, 08:22 PM
What are u guys drinking beside water

Mostly water, when i get sick of it i add a lil powerade to my water, one cup coffee in a.m., some days one soda, i had 3 beers 2 nites ago, yummy, but i had been off pain meds 6 days prior, i am 12 days post op today lavh kept ovaries
Unread 12-19-2010, 09:08 PM

I drank a lot of berry juicboxes. I generally don't tolerate juice that well, but since I was only sipping on them here and there, they were about perfect.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register