warm flashes & the climara patch | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

warm flashes & the climara patch warm flashes & the climara patch

Unread 06-10-2010, 11:04 AM
warm flashes & the climara patch

Hi all,

on week three of being on the mend. Menopausal symptoms that I think I'm having:

warm tingling uncomfortableness. I've always been a warm person, tending towards tank tops anyway, but now, especially with the binder or support garments, I'm over clothed anyway! but the tingling is obnoxious!

Itching. Oh so very itchy! I've also been plagued w/various itchiness issues, but now, oh my! I've been sleeping w/a ice pack wrapped in a sandwich bag & tshirt cloth to try to prevent myself from scratching!

And I think I'm starting on the hair loss bandwagon as well. I have really long hair, so it always looked like a lot of hair in the drain before, but now, it feels like I've doubled my shedding output. I'm gonna hold off for a little bit, but I'll probably be calling my doc soon.

I'm having some issues with the climara patch staying on, but only this week. the first 2 weeks were on my upper arm--the one placed by my doc was perfect (of course, right?), the 2nd one, still is a little rashy.
The 3rd one on my butt, rolled off me in my sleep that very night. Next one currently on the front of my thigh did well for 3 days, half of it wants off & I'm currently arguing w/it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2010, 08:17 PM
Re: warm flashes & the climara patch

From what I've read here and in the package insert, the patches are only supposed to go on the belly or backside areas, and I've read here that you should pick back or front and stick to that because absorption is different. Maybe different placements will give you different results. I haven't had the sticking problem, I know you have to avoid lotion or powder under it, maybe wipe with alcohol and dry it before you place it, and hold pressure with your hand for at least 10 second. Maybe that would help. I don't know about the itching. Hopefully if the patch stays om the warm flashes will improve. Hope you feel better soon.
Unread 06-11-2010, 07:19 AM

I was on climara for a few weeks. I hated how it didnt stick, now I am on vivelle dot. but you can try to shower and blow dry the area of skin where you will place the patch.. let it get warm/hot. then immediately place the patch. the heat helps it stick better for me, works for both climara and vivelle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-14-2010, 01:58 AM

greyown--funny you should say so, my doc placed the 1st one on my arm...I only tonight surfing the site noticed that others have also mentioned that the patch seems to absorb differently on different body parts....hmmmm.

And I went out and got the tegaderm patches (approx $1.10 p/patch, yikes!) and used the hair dryer on my alcohol-ed skin before & after placement of the patch. So far, so good....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register