LSH questions | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

LSH questions LSH questions

Unread 12-02-2005, 02:22 PM
LSH question

Hi All,
Has anyone had an LSH and kept thier cervix?
How did that go? Recovery ect...
Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-02-2005, 02:38 PM
LSH questions

Hi mistyc!

Until some members come along and share their LSH experiences with you, you might want to "take a read" in the "Tell Your Hyst-Story" forum. Just look for thread titles that begin with the letters "LSH" to read the sagas written by Princesses who had the type of procedure you're planning to have.

Best wishes for a successful surgery and uneventful recovery!
Unread 12-02-2005, 03:39 PM
LSH questions

I just had a LSH, kept cervix and ovaries and so far I cannot believe how easy it has been for me. I posted my surgery experience under "Tell Your Hyst Story". My stomach was a little sore and swelled for a few days and lying down was a little uncomfortable for me for about 4 or 5 nights but nothing major. I was encouraged to walk alot and drink lots of water and I did. By the 7th day I was driving and started running small errands. I went back to work after 2 weeks and have had no problems or complaints. If I had to have this surgery again I would do it in a heartbeat. I can't believe I actually thought about putting it off, guess I was scared of the unknown. I hope things continue to go as well. Good luck and I am sure things will go great for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-02-2005, 03:45 PM
LSH questions

I am hoping to go that way-Trying to find a DR who does that-so far no luck
Did you have bruising?
Unread 12-02-2005, 03:58 PM
LSH questions

I had 4 incisions. I had some bruising below the belly button, didn't notice any other bruising. I hope you can find a someone qualified to do the surgery and make sure you are a good canidate. Also get second opinions. I know someone that they wanted to cut vertical and she went somewhere else. She ended up getting a LSH and everything went great for her. She found out later that the 1st dr. did not know how to do a LSH. Also ask your dr. what their conversion rate is. There is always a chance that they have to switch to abdominal. If you want more info, I found some under obgyn.net . Look under hyst university and then presentations. There are some good presentations on LSH. I did alot of research and really feel fortunate.
Unread 12-02-2005, 05:24 PM
LSH questions

Hi Mistyc,

I also had a LSH and I am 18 months post-op now. I am so pleased with my surgery results still.

I had 2 small hip incisions and a belly button incision. I had my surgery at an outpatient facility at 7:30 AM and I went home the same day at 6 PM. I took the first few days to just R & R after surgery. I was able to even walk up and down the stairs in my house by day 2. Went out to the video store at day 3 and the market at day 5.

I can just suggest taking it really, really easy the first two weeks. Just rest, eat healthy and drink lots of water to prevent a UTI.

I went back to work slowly at 2 weeks and looking back now, 3 weeks wold have been nice. I got a greenlight for all activties including sex at 6 weeks.

I think with the LSH you just have to remember it is ~major surgery~. In post-op, we LSH sisters look great on the outside and we are still healing the inside. Just say ~no~ if something seems like too much.

Here is a link that a fellow LSH Hyster Sister posted on a thread. I thought it was very informative about the surgery:

http://www.goodgyn.com/lsh.html

Best wishes,

Mary
Unread 12-02-2005, 06:52 PM
LSH questions

I also had an LSH (kept ovaries and cervix) and am recovering nicely. I was driving at 4 days, walking for exercise at 2 weeks, so no complaints here.

Thanks Historylady for including that link - very helpful for anyone contemplating this option (for me as well).

Speaking of options, I thought that the SAH and the LSH were the only types of surgeries that preserved the cervix. Are there any LSH'ers out there that had their cervix removed? I think if I wanted to lose the cervix I would have gone vaginal. I dunno, just sounded like heaven to me and was very thrilled that I found a skilled doctor (on my insurance plan) to do mine.
Unread 12-02-2005, 09:40 PM
LSH questions

I also had LSH (October 2002). I agree this proceedure normally has an easier recovery and therefore is a nice way to go. I would agree with Voltown and make sure you do your research on your surgeon and their experience with this procedure and their statistics on conversions. Unfortunatly, this procedure requires the surgeon to work in much smaller/confined area and therefore the possibilities of complications are greater. In my case, the surgeon clipped the main artery which lead to abnominal surgery and blood transfusion and a much longer recovery. Knowing what I know now, I may still have selected the LSH, but I would have weighed the possible complications more. Keep researching and learning until you feel comfortable. Good luck
Unread 12-03-2005, 08:57 AM
LSH questions

Thank you so much!
I had abdom surgery once and DO NOT want to go thru that again! Still having problems-
LSH does sound like heaven I am going to check outh that site now
thank you again

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register