scared | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-31-2006, 09:13 PM
scared

Hi, My name is Leah and I am 27 and a mother of 2. I have my hysterectomy scheduled for the 8th. I am normally a very calm person but when it comes to this, nope, no clamness is going to happen. I am worried about going thru menopause at such a young age and what kind of recovery I am going to have etc. I have had some people tell me I am going to be out for 2 weeks and some that tell me I am going to be out for 4 weeks. Since my husband is not all that on the sensitive side I am going to be pretty much taking care of my self and would like ANY advice any one has. sorry for the rambling, I am just not sure of what all is going to happen and would like some advice. Thanks Leah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2006, 09:26 PM
scared

Hi Leah and

We're happy you joined the Hystersisters community! There is a ton of solid information on the site, and the members have unlimited cyber-hugs to dispense to you at every stage of your journey to good health!

When you get the chance, you might want to Edit Your Profile to include your surgery type, and whether you are having your ovaries removed along with your hysterectomy. That information will help us to help you when you post your questions on the Message Boards.

Generally speaking (and it depends on the type of procedure you have as well as other medical issues) the initial recovery time from a hysterectomy is 6 weeks. Your doctor will tell you for sure.

Enjoy exploring the site and making friends! I see you enrolled in "Checkpoints" so you have already taken the first step in getting the most out of the Hystersisters site.

Many s and Best Wishes,

Unread 07-31-2006, 10:27 PM
scared

Leah,
My name is Toni and I am also very young to be having this done, and also very scared!!!
I am 33 yrs old with a 14, well she'll be 14 in Sept, yr old daughter. I am also concerned about going thru menopause, however last year I was on Lupron which puts you in menopause. At first I was very emotional and felt like I had the flu but that only lasted about 3 or 4 days. Then once my body and my mind became used to it, everything balanced out and I felt better than I have in years. No pain or cramping, no mood swings and most importantly I could have sex with my husband without either of us worrying about the pain. I asked my doctor if that was any indication of how I would feel after surgery and he said, it's very possible because I was actually shifted into menapause overnight with the medicine kind of like the surgery. Really, that's the only thing that is keeping me sane right now. The more I think about having this done the more afraid I get. I think we all feel the same before any surgery, but especially a surgery this big and something this permanent. I hope you find the answers you're looking for here and the comfort you need. I know I have!! Please keep posting questions you may have, everyone here is so nice and informative.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-01-2006, 06:46 AM
scared

For me, I had an abdominal cut hysterectomy with a GREAT recovery. At 4 days post - went out to dinner, 10 days went to the Yanks game, and now at 4 weeks post tomorrow, I feel almost back to normal. I feel better every single day and truthfully, I hardly even think about it now. Although I've been have some PMS this last week - although no period! Yipee! I know everyone is different but there are many who have an uneventful recovery which sometimes you don't always hear. You're gonna do fine and feel so much better!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register