How much actual tummy pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How much actual tummy pain How much actual tummy pain

Unread 09-01-2006, 09:40 AM
How much actual tummy pain

Comes along with a TVH??? I am assuming there is some with all the moving around of things in there, but wasnt sure how much. Which is worse the tummy or the lower pain???

HUGS

Carol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-01-2006, 01:40 PM

When I first came home the tummy was definitely worse than down below. I was afraid to pee the first time and thought it would burn like it did after my deliveries. There was no burning at all and the only time it really hurt below was when I tried to wipe. I wasn't offered a spray bottle or anything but found patting was better than wiping. I also had some other things done though and had an episiotomy type incision and stitches. I don't think everyone has that. The tummy pain was more like bruising. Everything felt like it was bruised inside. The only real pain I had was during coughing. Everything is moved around and a little traumatized inside. When I would cough it felt like everything was jiggling and moving around.

At about 3 weeks I started having some pain in the lower portion and was told it was the stitches healing and pulling. It itched bad enough I thought I had a yeast infection too. The pain and itching is pretty much gone now at 4 weeks and 1 day. If I cough really hard the area of the stitches hurts but only while coughing.

Hope this helps! Good luck to you and wishing you a speedy recovery!!
Unread 09-01-2006, 01:55 PM

I had my TVH 6 weeks ago and have been cleared of all of my restrictions. I would have to say pain wise, the first couple of weeks the pain was in the belly. I also suffered from very bad gas pains, and later learned they actually fill the cavity with gas/air (not sure) so they can see what they are doing better. These pains were worse than anything else!! I did not have an episiotomy so I didn't have to worry about any kind of incision. I did however feel some pain at about 3 wks due to the stitches starting to disolve. I suffered from bad cramps before and this was nothing that advil wouldn't help. I also learned to listen to my body, and when I was in pain I had probably overdone it a bit. Remember...R R R...(REST, REST, REST!!) From what I've heard TVH is a quicker and easier recovery than abdominal. This was my first surgery ever and I realized I was scared for nothing. The worst part was getting sick on the pain meds!! I know easier said than done, but the waiting is the worst part!! Feel free to e-mail me if you have any other questions I can help answer and Good Luck to you!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register