Can It Be Seroma? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Can It Be Seroma? Can It Be Seroma?

Unread 01-09-2007, 05:20 PM
Can It Be Seroma?

Ok Did A Post Early Today And Did Not Get Much Help. Now Looking At A Post They Talk About Seroma. So What Is Seroma? How Is It Treated? I Today Helped My Steri Strips Off And To By Surprise I Have A Fluid Sac That Is About 3 Inches Wide By 1 Inch High. I Called The Dr. And He Is Sick Today And I Was Told To Just Keep My Appt. Tomorrow And If I Get A Fever Go To Er. Please Help With This. I Am So Worried
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2007, 05:23 PM
Can It Be Seroma?

I am sorry, I can't be any help. I just wanted you to know that I am sending good thoughts your way (((HUGS))). Just follow dr's orders and if you get a fever go to the ER becuase that would mean you have developed an infection. I hope that doesn't happen and you can wait till tommorrow. Let us know how you do.

Melissa
Unread 01-09-2007, 05:26 PM
Can It Be Seroma?

ellin, very true if you develop a fever GET TO THE HOSPITAL.

When I first developed fluid, it was very painful and they drained it with a syringe. It came back, then a drainage tube was put in. It came back and my inside was infected so I had surgery. My surgery was due to the infected mesh though that was causing the fluid not to reabsorb.

Keep us posted on what the doc says. Like the doc says, if a fever begins, get to the ER.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2007, 05:34 PM
Can It Be Seroma?

Ok So Is Seroma A Fluid Sac? Now Another Quesion You Say Mesh. Do All Dr.'s Use Mesh? And How Do You Know If They Used It? And Please Tell Me Why Does The Fluid Sac Come?
Unread 01-09-2007, 06:37 PM
Can It Be Seroma?

The doctor used mesh due to a torn fascia because of all my previous surgeries. Fluid is normal after surgery and usually drainage tubes are put in. The docs could never figure out why my fluid kept coming back. I actually have a drainage tube in me now from surgery.

Keep us posted.
Unread 01-09-2007, 07:16 PM
Can It Be Seroma?

I have no drainage tubes and I think it depends on the individual. I did however have a hematoma that went away. Apparently it away and no problems. THANK GOODNESS! Great dr sick. That was always my luck either sick, vacation or at a seminar. Good luck.
Unread 01-09-2007, 07:18 PM
Can It Be Seroma?

What does a fluid sac look like?
Unread 01-09-2007, 07:30 PM
Can It Be Seroma?

Ok Now I'm Pretty Upset. I Had A Drain Jp Drain Put In Due To The Ozing When The Dr. Took It Out He Said Don't Worry Your Body Will Absorb It O.k Nurse Said That I Should Go Home With Drain In Becaue Of All The Fluid Still Coming Out. So Now I Help The Steri Strips Off Thank G-d Because Who Knows How Long This Has Been There. I Look Up Seroma On The Net And Find Out That It Is A Accumulation Of Lumph And Other Fluids That The Body Can't Absorb. ----! I Knew He Should Have Left This Is Now I Have To Have A Needle In It To Take The Fluid Out And Hope And Pray It Heals The Net Says That Most Of The Time You Need To Have The Fluid Taken Out 2-3 Times And If It Does Not Close Or Gets Infected Another Surgery. I'm So Wiped Out I Swear. I Have Had Enough Stuff With This Tah From Stopping Breathing To Abuse At The Hand Of Nurses And A Dr. Not My Obgyn. A Hospital Stay 7 Days I Just Am Lost Here. Im So Low Tolerante Of Pain I Don't Think I'll Sleep Much Tonight Well, I Don't Sleep Much Anyway Due To Flashbacks Of The Hospital Events And Night Sweats. Sorry All Just Need To Vent. I Guess Its Better Than Beating Up My Pillow No Engery For That. And To Top The Cake I Now Have A Sore Throat And A Cold. Well For Those Who Do Not Know What A Seroma Looks Like It Looks Like A Blister
Unread 01-09-2007, 07:37 PM
Can It Be Seroma?

I am so sorry Ellin that you are going through all of this! I will be thinking about you. I have my two week tomorrow and have no idea what to expect. to you
Unread 01-09-2007, 07:40 PM
Can It Be Seroma?

Ellin,
I can surely sympathize with you. I didn't have the Seroma or drains etc. but I had a heart attack 3 weeks to the day of my tah including both ovaries removed. I was another 5 days in the hospital with a stent put in. I became so wiped out I couldn't stand another IV, blood test or shot. I was in three hospitals total and I can surely tell you both times it was a Friday and I would (if at all possible)never stay in over a weekend. TERRIBLE. Freaking nurse gave me a heparin shot right near my abdominal insiscion and I just wanted to punch her out. My sister in law had similar problems as you with fluid and drains. Just keep after your dr and keep the area clean and dry. If you start running a fever etc go to the hospital if your dr is not available. Talk about hot flashes as I sit here and type I am soaking wet. I take a rx sleep med at night and I don't notice to many night sweats or hot flashes. I am also on an anti depressant to help with all of that. Good luck.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register