post-op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-04-2010, 07:11 AM
post-op

well I got home june 3. I couldn't handle the hospital any longer lol I am still in pain and my right leg it numb. The doctor said that it will take a couple of weeks before its back to normal. most of my pain is in my back and abdominal area. I am taking tylenol and mortrin for the pain. morphine wasn't working for me. coughing is still not a good idea at this point. other then that is feels good to be home. oh i have a question is it normal to sweet and be hot when your place is cold? its not like a hot flash as it never stopped. thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-05-2010, 10:06 AM
Re: post-op

Hi and to the other side! I also had more back pain than any other pain, especially at first. And, the numbness in my leg is still there after several months and I hear it can take quite a long time to go away.

As for the sweating and feeling hot, I struggled with internal temperature control for a long time after surgery. Our bodies are going through so much and it takes a while to get regulated again. It also can be hormonal changes as well.

I wish you the best in your recovery!
Unread 06-05-2010, 10:09 AM

I am having issues with temp, too. I'm soooo hot all the time, then I'll have an hour or so where I'm freezing.

My body temp is perfectly normal, so I think it's a side effect from the anesthesia? I kept my ovaries, so I don't think mine is hormone issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-06-2010, 05:21 AM

thank you i really needed to hear that im not the only one .... my mother had a full hysterectomy and she keeps telling me that its menopause i told her that i still have my ovaries but she thinks that its all the same. got to love mothers lol another question please when do the bowl movements start to be more then a little bit. i eat like i always have but its like it is storing up for the winter. thank you
Unread 06-06-2010, 09:10 AM

It has been my experience that drinking lots of water and walking around slowly really helped. I was back to normal by the end of the first week, but I have ALWAYS been real regular in that department.

The last few weeks I have had to go back on Motrin daily due to a long term disc issue that has reared it's ugly little head. The pain relievers can also tend to bind us up. I am finding good results with eating a few prunes at bedtime along with lots of water.

:cathugs:
Unread 06-07-2010, 06:37 AM

thank you i will try that

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register