Mobile Uterus???? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Mobile Uterus???? Mobile Uterus????

Unread 05-14-2002, 09:51 PM
Mobile Uterus????

Hi...this is my first post. I am schedule for a TAH next Wednesday the 22nd. Here's the deal...my doctor says that my surgery has to be an abdominal incision because....1) scar tissue from previous C-section. 2)Mobile uterus! Does anyone have any idea what that means????? Also.....I have a blood clotting disorder and have to go on heparin immediately following surgery. He had my blood tested last week and it was clotting too fast. This scares me to death. Anyone with this experience? Also....do I keep my ovaries or have them removed? I have pain and mid-cycle bleeding with ovulation all the way to the 4th or 5th day of my period. My periods are horendous! I don't know if I'm a candidate for HRT because of the blood clotting disorder. Personally.....I just want to get rid of it all! But I don't know if that's the best thing for my situation. Any advice is much appreciated and thanks for listening! I will be asking these questions on Monday at my pre-op appt, but I want your opinion and women who are going through some of the same things I am......Shellye
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-14-2002, 10:17 PM
mobile uterus

Hi Shellye,
Aren't you glad you found this forum? I just did my first post yesterday and the support I got really made a world of difference to my disposition.

I can't tell you whether or not you will have your ovaries - that is something you need to ask your doc. However, it doesn't sound like the ovaries in your case are a part of your problem....but please don't take my word.....find out!

I do have some useful information about a 'mobile uterus', as I have had a mobile uterus for years....what it means is it flops around all over your abdominal cavity...sometimes its a forward prolapse, sometimes a backward or sideways 'slump'.... The reason they have to do an abdominal in the case of a mobile uterus is because it slips around like a fish and makes it really very hard to stabilise so as to operate on precisely.....think about it and I think you'll see the logic!

Sounds like you're in a fit state of mind to get through all this with flying colours. Not a hint of indecisiveness in that post!

hope that helps
Unread 05-15-2002, 02:44 AM
Mobile Uterus????

Shellye

Mobile uterus, I think what he is trying to say, as what my doctor had told me after my surgery (4/22/02) is that normally your uterus is free to move or have mobility. (float)

After my surgery my doctor had told me I had alot of adhesions (scar tissue) on my uterus, it was basically attached to everything so my uterus was unable to be mobile, move around. And that is where I was getting alot of my pain. When it would try to move around it was pulling on everything.

Again I would ask your doctor exactly what he means by this.

Archide
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-15-2002, 03:45 AM
Okay - send in the moderators!

Better bring in the experts, Shellye, with only two answers so far, and both of those differ, I would say its time to ask our moderators to step up to the plate
Unread 05-15-2002, 04:24 AM
Mobile Uterus????

Hi,

I want to welcome the newest members to Hyster Sisters!!

What an interesting question. To find the true answer to it, I would suggest you call your doctor and ask what he meant.

I looked up in Websters Dictionary and found this as the meaning of mobile: Capable of moving or being moved. Permitting relatively free movement.

My doctor didn't know if my uterus would be free-moving or not until I was put under and totally relaxed, it mattered as they didn't know what incision they were going to give me or not till then. They thought I had fibroids. My uterus was free-moving or mobile, I guess and I received a horizontal incision.

Please let us know what your doctor says!

Have you read the pull-down menus on the main page yet? www.hystersisters.com There is a lot of information on this site and those menus helped me answer questions and gather questions for me to ask my doctor.

Sara
Unread 05-15-2002, 04:31 AM
I had heparin shots

Just wanted to jump in about the heparin. I had the shots, starting just prior to surgery and then they were every 8 - 12 hours afterwards. The first was given in my arm, the rest were in my thighs. No big deal, it's pretty standard for someone having major surgery.

Also, I had both ovaries removed. Guess what? All PMS symptoms are gone!! I am on HRT - my doctor put me on Estratest and I'm doing great with it.

Keep reading and then post any new questions you have. Be sure to ask your doctor everything that you ask here. Good luck at your Monday appointment, and for your surgery on Wednesday. You'll be fine!
Unread 05-15-2002, 05:22 AM
Mobile Uterus????

My advice re: the blood clotting. Ask your doctor to recommend a good hematologist. I found out after my surgery that I have a blood clotting disorder and my hematologist advised against HRT. Estrogen in any form can cause me to have another blood clot.

Because of you clotting problem and the fact that you may not be a candidate for HRT, you might want to strongly consider keeping your ovaries if they are healthy. Please discuss this with your doctor before you agree to have them removed.

If you have your ovaries removed and you find that you aren't able to take hormones, you might want to visit the No Hormone Desert Oasis forum. The ladies there can't take HRT and are always sharing ways to help relieve the symptoms of menopause.

Best wishes,
Unread 05-15-2002, 09:36 AM
Thanks to everyone for your replies!

Thanks for all the imput. I guess I should clarify some more. I was told back in 1999 that I have a "lupus like syndrome". I also received a definite diagnosis of Antiphospholipid Syndrome. I started having female problems 3 years ago. It started with cervical inflammation and spotting after intercourse. Just in the last year my periods have become unbearable. When the doctor did his ultrasound last week he said it looks like I have some fibroid tumors and adenomyosis and cysts on left ovary. What I have noticed is that all of my lupus like symptoms start around ovulation and clear up after my period is over. So.....that's more of what is going on. I will ask all these questions to my doctor.
Unread 05-15-2002, 11:37 AM
Phlebitis

Shellye,
I had clots while pregnant and did the heparin injections for 6 months. It's fairly easy using diabetic injectors. I "shot up" twice a day using right thigh in the morning and left in the evening. 12 hours apart. I bruised like crazy and had track marks. Fortunately it was winter, so I was seldom taken for a junkie! LOL Now I'm on aspirin regimen. This is probably what your doc will recommend.
I promise it's really not hard. No need to find a vein or anything. Just numb the spot with ice and pop it in.
Now I'm a whiz at giving animals their shots!
Don't know anything about "mobile" uterus though.....
Does he think it's traveling? Maybe a tonsillectomy will be done instead?
And the other gals are correct no HRT!!!!!

Keep your chin up!
Belle

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register