has anyone had their hyst done as day surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

has anyone had their hyst done as day surgery has anyone had their hyst done as day surgery

Unread 03-29-2006, 06:32 PM
has anyone had their hyst done as day surgery

this is the first time i have started a thread, i have read soooo many stories here and really love the site but i'm just wondering if there is anyone out there that did their hyst as a day surgery. i am going in on april 10th and my doctor called today saying there isn't enough beds so if i still want it done that day i have to do day surgery. i don't think i can handle waiting anymore but am really worried that it is to soon to go home only have 12 days left now!?can anyone help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2006, 06:40 PM

i would find out when i could reschedule! it is up to you, but i needed to be in there! hugs to you,
Unread 03-29-2006, 06:45 PM

Hi there,

I had a LAVH March 3, and mine was a very easy surgery..I am very fit, and high pain tolerance, so not really any pain or discomfort, however, I am glad I stayed the night! Had the whole day with the catheter in place, which I thought would be the worst, but was great after all. Got a good nite sleep for the ride home the next day. We had no beds either, but my doctor let me recover in the Birthing Center, which was fabulous, as it was same room I had when gave birth to daughter 8 years ago! Maybe you could ask to do that?? My room was beautiful and private. If not, then reschedule and I am no baby! Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2006, 08:38 PM
I did

My surgery was scheduled for 7:30 am. I arrived around 6 am and I was discharged about 1:30pm. I had an LSH, which is a little different than the surgery you are having, but I was much happier going home to my own bed. I did not want to spend the night at the castle, if I didn't have to. I came home with a catheter...ick, but I had a bladder tack, so the cath was coming home with me anyway. I was never in any pain.
It's been a year without pain now...
Unread 03-29-2006, 08:55 PM

I had a TAH, and there is no way I would have wanted to be off that pain pump so quick! I'd reschedule...
Unread 03-29-2006, 09:56 PM

I did not have a day surgery for my LAVH. However, my aunt did have day surgery for your hyst type, the TVH, so this is not an unheard of situation. Talk to your dr about what is best for you and what to except if you choose to have day surgery. Will you be able to be admitted if there are complications, what arrangements do you need to make for care at home the first few days, does the dr recommend day surgery or does he feel it would be better to wait, etc.

Best wishes to you for whatever you choose!
Unread 03-30-2006, 07:29 AM

When I had my TVH the hospital I was in considered any surgery with a stay less than 24 hrs as "day" surgery. Since I was in and out in less than 24 hrs (in at 9AM, discharged 7AM following day), I guess my surgery was a day surgery. I was ready to leave as soon as I left recovery, but the Dr. wanted me to keep the catheter in and the booties on for a few hrs. YUCK!!
Unread 03-30-2006, 09:27 AM

A day surgery usually means you do not stay overnight, regardless of what time you actually enter or leave the castle.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register