vaginal/bladder inflammation mystery tour | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

vaginal/bladder inflammation mystery tour vaginal/bladder inflammation mystery tour

Unread 07-18-2005, 08:53 PM
vaginal/bladder inflammation mystery tour

I am 13 weeks post TAH/LSO with 0.075 climera (estradiol) patch. I now have some kind of vaginal inflammation going on but nothing is growing in cultures. The main problem is bladder symptoms (urgency, frequency). Hydrocortisone vaginal suppositories nightly have helped but I wonder what will happen once they are gone in 4 more nights.

This began with what felt like a bladder infection about 4 weeks ago. Most of the bladder symptoms resolved after taking trimethoprim (2 rounds) but I still felt unwell and by then had a yellow vaginal discharge that also seemed to be from the bladder (hard to tell). Urine cultures were negative for bacterial growth but contained white blood cells. Then I had 2 rounds of levaquin and began feeling much better 4 hours after I began taking it. Still felt something was wrong after I finished though and when I went in for exam it turned out I have significant vaginal inflammation with cells sheeting off, which I guess was part of the discharge. No yeast or other infection in culture. OB/gyn feels all the vaginal inflammation was setting off bladder symptoms.

Discharge has slowly stopped with a few days of the hydrocortisone treatment but now the remaining problem is still some vaginal inflammation and bladder irritation. My Ob/gyn thinks it may be a reaction to the levaquin (similar to Cipro). Anyone else have this? After reading the post today on dryness, I wonder if vaginal dryness is contributing to the inflammation after all the antibiotics. Now there is no discharge at all, which is abnormal for me. Up until the antibiotics I had my normal amount. If anyone has any thoughts or experience on this I'd love to hear. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2005, 05:39 AM
vaginal/bladder inflammation mystery tour

HI! The cervix is what produces the normal discharge we women experience if we have a cervix. However since you had a TAH you shouldn't have a cervix, therefore what might have been normal discharge for you before surgery is no longer "normal" now. The discharge you experienced after surgery was due to the normal surgery discharge, plus you had some complications that complicated your post op recovery and I am sure that added to your discharge. I am 7 weeks post op and still have a pinkish watery discharge (now turning to spotting) due to the surgery, but it is not the "normal" discharge I had before surgery....Thank God! You may want to discuss the vaginal dryness with your Dr. he might be able to prescribe you a estrogen vaginal cream or suggest something else.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register