LAVH Don't do too much too soon! - Bleeding 20 days post-op - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Don't do too much too soon! - Bleeding 20 days post-op Don't do too much too soon! - Bleeding 20 days post-op

Unread 03-24-2011, 12:28 AM
Re: Don't do too much too soon! - Bleeding 20 days post-op

OMG!!!! Good luck BoBear. I am so sorry and hope all goes well and they can solve your problems.

How can you get cleared for driving if you don't have any doctor's appointments until 7 weeks post-op though? That's when my first apt. is since the doctor said that everything went well. I can't get around the driving part either since I live a half hour away from the hospital, my parents, and my kids' school.... I will be 2 weeks post-op when they go back.

The store thing... argh... don't I know it. EVERY TIME I go to the store I have more bleeding than I had beforehand. It's so not easy to avoid though. Like tomorrow I would like to make dinner for my husband but that means going to the store! I guess I will just make a list and know exactly what I'm getting so I can pop in and out quick.

GOOD LUCK AGAIN! Hugs, prayers, and love to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2011, 12:03 PM
Re: Don't do too much too soon! - Bleeding 20 days post-op

You could call ahead and see if they have a service (or for a small fee) that would gather your list for you and take it to your car. That way all you would have to do is pay. It's worth checking into.

As an aside, I read here every day and see so many sisters pushing themselves so hard or being hard on themselves for not healing fast enough for others schedules or their own ideals. It hurts my heart because I know that some of you are hurting yourselves. Please listen to the cautionary tales and try to remember that, yes, it could be you. In the 6 years I've been on this site this is not the first thread like this that I have read (they show up with alarming frequency) and while some were freak occurrences a lot of them were not. Major surgery means major recovery. If you have to ask if you overdid it odds are you did. That's why the theme on the site is about you being the Princess Please take it easy on yourselves sisters.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register